Urgent! Please help! ERAS grouped prelim and categorical together

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iBS1972

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my eras, and then i went back to add more programs. I wanted to apply to prelim and IM for some programs, but now the ones I added (IM cat.) automatically grouped with previously submitted prelims. Now, it seems like eras is going to submit my prelim (nonIM) PS to both prelim and categorical. Should I just attach my IM categorical PS to both (even though it wouldn't make too much sense to have a PS saying you want to do IM when you're applying for a prelim). Has anyone else had this problem before? Please help!! Is there a way to designate different PS to different programs that are grouped together?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my eras, and then i went back to add more programs. I wanted to apply to prelim and IM for some programs, but now the ones I added (IM cat.) automatically grouped with previously submitted prelims. Now, it seems like eras is going to submit my prelim (nonIM) PS to both prelim and categorical. Should I just attach my IM categorical PS to both (even though it wouldn't make too much sense to have a PS saying you want to do IM when you're applying for a prelim). Has anyone else had this problem before? Please help!! Is there a way to designate different PS to different programs that are grouped together?

Did you try calling ERAS to ask for help? Sometimes they can help.

Reactions: 1 user
This is how it works. On the bright side you only pay for one.
Both prelim and categorical programs are dealt by the same PD and the only difference between them is one letter - P or C
So you assign same PS (unless I am missing something here).

Last edited:
Ah, I see. Thank you for your response.