urgent please reply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nummo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,
can u plz tell me which universities require us to prepare for 3/4 and 7/8 crowns?

also plz tell me what crown preps are required for ucsf, ucla and usc?

do they ask to cut crowns on ant teeth or posterior? is it max or mand?

also for max teeth, do we need to cut crowns using indirect vision.

kindly reply.

Members don't see this ad.

UCLA - onlay post tooth and class II
USC- 7/8 or 3/4 or onlay usually implied via their clinical case
UCSF - crown cuttings post tooth
UOP- ant crown cutting, post class II

If you are not well prepared you should consider some classes or training from somewhere. I had gotten the UOP manual and found it quite helpful for preparing.

hello,
can u plz tell me which universities require us to prepare for 3/4 and 7/8 crowns? -may be in USC

also plz tell me what crown preps are required for ucsf, ucla and usc?

do they ask to cut crowns on ant teeth or posterior? is it max or mand?- PMF on maxillary C.I, full crown on posterior, Class II on mandibular molars

also for max teeth, do we need to cut crowns using indirect vision.-yes in UCSF

kindly reply.

UCSF - gold crown prep on both maxillary and mandibular molar on manikin.
UOP - PFM on maxillary anterior and class II.
UCLA - PFM, Class II and onlay.
USC - any prep which u think is suitable for test case scenario.

Members don't see this ad :)
can u tell me if ucla and usc also require us to cut max. teeth using indirect vision (that is looking in the mirror). also for all of these uni's are the class 2's on maxillary post done in indirect vision?

for ucla, what tooth do we need to do the pfm and onlay on?

My former band maliciously printed off a comment i wrote about to my ex and someone printed it off and used it against me is it illegal?

The only school I had to do preps on a manikin (indirect vision) was UTHSCSA

UCLA and UOP was counter top ad they would offer manuals with pics you could use during exam.

UCLA ( cant remember teeth for sure): 3 preps, PFM #9, Class 2 # 30, MOD onlay #3. You take your own handpiece and instrumentals
UOP: PFM #8 and class 2 #30. they provide everything, you cannot use any personal instrumentals
UTHSCSA: PFM #8 and class 2 #30. They provide everything and you CAN use your own instrumentals.