Urgent Question Regarding Recommendation Letters for AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SonhosDaVida

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm seeing that for schools like Creighton University, they want you to have a minimum of 3 recommendation letters.

I have asked for 4-5 people from my school to write me a recommendation letter and then submit to my pre-health advisor for a committee letter. So this only counts as one letter. I don't have anyone else to go to for a letter. How do I get the other 2 letters that are required?

I already asked 4-5 people for letters at my school.... I thought that would be enough as a committee letter?

Members don't see this ad.

So, I'm seeing that for schools like Creighton University, they want you to have a minimum of 3 recommendation letters.

I have asked for 4-5 people from my school to write me a recommendation letter and then submit to my pre-health advisor for a committee letter. So this only counts as one letter. I don't have anyone else to go to for a letter. How do I get the other 2 letters that are required?

I already asked 4-5 people for letters at my school.... I thought that would be enough as a committee letter?
Your committee letter will meet Creighton's letter requirement. Pretty much all committee letters have the individual letters appended, so you do not need to submit two additional letters. You can verify with your school if this is the case.

Reactions: 1 users
What about for TCU/UNTHSC?

Their policy: "We require at least 3 letters of recommendation in order to move forward in the review process. We accept individual letters of recommendation; letter packets that include at least 3 individual letters; and a committee letter that includes at least 2 additional letters of recommendation. If the committee letter does not contain additional letters, we highly encourage applicants to submit additional letters to satisfy our minimum letter requirement. Committee letters that are a composite of letters collected on behalf of an applicant will only satisfy the requirement for one letter of recommendation."

Members don't see this ad :)

Their policy: "We require at least 3 letters of recommendation in order to move forward in the review process. We accept individual letters of recommendation; letter packets that include at least 3 individual letters; and a committee letter that includes at least 2 additional letters of recommendation. If the committee letter does not contain additional letters, we highly encourage applicants to submit additional letters to satisfy our minimum letter requirement. Committee letters that are a composite of letters collected on behalf of an applicant will only satisfy the requirement for one letter of recommendation."
I think the policy you quoted is pretty clear: they are one of the very few schools that wants a committee letter plus two additional letters.

Could you ask two of the people who are writing letters for your committee letter to also send those letters to AMCAS/Interfolio?

Ask your school if they attach all of your letters to the committee letter. If they don’t ask them to send the letters either with the committee letter or submit them all seperately(like a letter packet). But they probably already send them.

Reactions: 1 user