Urgent Situation.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cristiano

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out my lab is being restructured, but the same PI. All members are being replaced by new members. Am I fired?

I'm worried how this will effect my applications to MD and SMP and Master programs.

Thanks for help.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just find a new job...if people ask about it (which they probably won't) just say it wasn't a right fit for you and you decided to do blah blah blah because it was something you were passionate about.

If you get an acceptance this cycle, it has no repercussions if this new job wasn't listed among your activities on the application.
If you did list it, and someone asks at an interview how the lab job is working out or what your project entails, then Total180's response sounds good.
If you aren't accepted, then besides looking for a new job, fill your time with volunteer work, so you have something interesting to put on the next application.

So I have been working in a lab for the last few months, and it has been miserable...I never really got a chance to show my stuff, and my PI recently told me that I wasn't the right fit, and should start looking for a new job. He said I could stay on for a while, until I found a job, but that this "wasn't working out."

I have applied to SMPs and MD schools this semester, but I am now worried the mark this will leave on my future. If I can't find a job, what would I explain in the future on my AMCAS? I'm sort of panicked and worried about my future now, and don't know what to do. Any help or advice any of you would have would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I'd be more concerned as to why you're getting fired...