Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Urgent Suggestion Needed

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by temmie, Dec 7, 2005.

1. temmie

temmie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Guys
    I Just Got An Invite From Michigan State University For An Interview. I Am A California Resident And Would Love To Stay Here In Cali. Infortunately, The Only Cali Invite I Have Gotten So Far Is From Usc For 1/28. My Thing Is, Should I Settle For An Early January Interview From Msu Or Push It For Later. By The Way, I Am An August Mcat Taker

2. Flopotomist

Flopotomist I love the Chicago USPS
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I don't have my MSAR handy, but if the school does rolling admissions, take the EARLIEST interview you can get. Absolutely. No questions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ClearDay

ClearDay Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

What's with the Upper Case Typing???? BTW, it's unfortunately, not infortunately. Sorry.... I can't help it. :)

Good luck with everything.... and yes, take the earliest interview possible.

4. Flopotomist

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    OMG!!! I Hadn't Even Noticed That Upper Case Typing! Why Would Anybody Do That? Try Typing Like That! It Is Hard!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. angietron3000

angietron3000 *black magic soul power*
    10+ Year Member

I Know! Holy Title Case Batman!

6. QuikClot

QuikClot Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    When I See Posts Like This, I Always Think: I Hope This Infortunate Person Proofread Their Personal Statement To Death. I Have An MA In English And I Was Finding Typos In The Thing For Weeks After I Thought It Was Done!

Also, Learning ESL Is Very Hard, Native Grammar And Usage Are Almost Impossible For Adults To Learn Perfectly, And For Making Fun Of These People, We Are All Going To Hell. [cap]:([/cap]

7. Flopotomist

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I aM noT makinG fuN oF thiS persoN, I jusT finD iT odD thaT theY woulD invenT A neW seT of capitalizatioN ruleS. arE therE anY languageS thaT capitalizE thE firsT letteR oF eacH worD? I trieD tO capitalizE thE lasT letteR oF eacH worD herE, anD iT waS supeR harD tO dO!!

8. QofQuimica

QofQuimica Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
    Ok, so back to the OP's question....have you been accepted anywhere yet? If not, take the early invite.

9. Turkeyman

Turkeyman Trickster Poultry
    5+ Year Member

Haha, you guys realize when a poster types in all capital letters, this is the protective forum filter that pops up. It just lower cases all the letters after the first letter of each word, so the message wont be so SHOUTY and LOUD and ANGRY SOUNDING!

...Try it!

10. argonana

argonana SDN Donor
    10+ Year Member

wow. sorry, this is tooo funny!!!

OP, the UC invites will probably come a lot later...for now, grab those OOS interviews like they're the only thing you've got.

11. Flopotomist

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Ok I Gotta Test To See If Turkeyman's Theory Is Correct. I Am Typing This In Allcaps, So If The First Letter Of Every Word Is Capitalized, And The Rest Looks Normal, Then We Have Proof That This Magical "filter" Of Which He Speaks Is True. Man... I Just Gotta Try Everything.

12. QuikClot

QuikClot Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey, we're scientists. This is what we do. Now we know what happened! Cool.

13. Elastase

Elastase StanfUrd bound!!!
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Take the out of state interview...I would actually try to schedule it BEFORE USC, because you can get good practice out of the experience (especially if you haven't interviewed elsewhere). You want to be at the top of your game. Good luck!