temmie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2005
NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Guys
I Just Got An Invite From Michigan State University For An Interview. I Am A California Resident And Would Love To Stay Here In Cali. Infortunately, The Only Cali Invite I Have Gotten So Far Is From Usc For 1/28. My Thing Is, Should I Settle For An Early January Interview From Msu Or Push It For Later. By The Way, I Am An August Mcat Taker

Flopotomist

I love the Chicago USPS
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I don't have my MSAR handy, but if the school does rolling admissions, take the EARLIEST interview you can get. Absolutely. No questions.

ClearDay

10+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2005
Status
temmie said:
Guys
I Just Got An Invite From Michigan State University For An Interview. I Am A California Resident And Would Love To Stay Here In Cali. Infortunately, The Only Cali Invite I Have Gotten So Far Is From Usc For 1/28. My Thing Is, Should I Settle For An Early January Interview From Msu Or Push It For Later. By The Way, I Am An August Mcat Taker
What's with the Upper Case Typing???? BTW, it's unfortunately, not infortunately. Sorry.... I can't help it. :)

Good luck with everything.... and yes, take the earliest interview possible.

About the Ads

Flopotomist

I love the Chicago USPS
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
ClearDay said:
What's with the Upper Case Typing???? BTW, it's unfortunately, not infortunately. Sorry.... I can't help it. :)

Good luck with everything.... and yes, take the earliest interview possible.
OMG!!! I Hadn't Even Noticed That Upper Case Typing! Why Would Anybody Do That? Try Typing Like That! It Is Hard!

angietron3000

*black magic soul power*
10+ Year Member
May 31, 2005
Status
ClearDay said:
I Know! Holy Title Case Batman!

QuikClot

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2005
Status
Medical Student
When I See Posts Like This, I Always Think: I Hope This Infortunate Person Proofread Their Personal Statement To Death. I Have An MA In English And I Was Finding Typos In The Thing For Weeks After I Thought It Was Done!

Also, Learning ESL Is Very Hard, Native Grammar And Usage Are Almost Impossible For Adults To Learn Perfectly, And For Making Fun Of These People, We Are All Going To Hell. [cap]:([/cap]

Flopotomist

I love the Chicago USPS
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
rsfarrell said:
When I See Posts Like This, I Always Think: I Hope This Infortunate Person Proofread Their Personal Statement To Death. I Have An MA In English And I Was Finding Typos In The Thing For Weeks After I Thought It Was Done!

Also, Learning ESL Is Very Hard, Native Grammar And Usage Are Almost Impossible For Adults To Learn Perfectly, And For Making Fun Of These People, We Are All Going To Hell. [cap]:([/cap]
I aM noT makinG fuN oF thiS persoN, I jusT finD iT odD thaT theY woulD invenT A neW seT of capitalizatioN ruleS. arE therE anY languageS thaT capitalizE thE firsT letteR oF eacH worD? I trieD tO capitalizE thE lasT letteR oF eacH worD herE, anD iT waS supeR harD tO dO!!

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Florida/Fellowship
Status
Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
temmie said:
Guys
Ok, so back to the OP's question....have you been accepted anywhere yet? If not, take the early invite.

Turkeyman

Trickster Poultry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Silver Spring, Maryland
Status
Haha, you guys realize when a poster types in all capital letters, this is the protective forum filter that pops up. It just lower cases all the letters after the first letter of each word, so the message wont be so SHOUTY and LOUD and ANGRY SOUNDING!

...Try it!

argonana

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2005
NYC
Flopotomist said:
I aM noT makinG fuN oF thiS persoN, I jusT finD iT odD thaT theY woulD invenT A neW seT of capitalizatioN ruleS. arE therE anY languageS thaT capitalizE thE firsT letteR oF eacH worD? I trieD tO capitalizE thE lasT letteR oF eacH worD herE, anD iT waS supeR harD tO dO!!

wow. sorry, this is tooo funny!!!

OP, the UC invites will probably come a lot later...for now, grab those OOS interviews like they're the only thing you've got.

Flopotomist

I love the Chicago USPS
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Ok I Gotta Test To See If Turkeyman's Theory Is Correct. I Am Typing This In Allcaps, So If The First Letter Of Every Word Is Capitalized, And The Rest Looks Normal, Then We Have Proof That This Magical "filter" Of Which He Speaks Is True. Man... I Just Gotta Try Everything.

QuikClot

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Hey, we're scientists. This is what we do. Now we know what happened! Cool.

Elastase

StanfUrd bound!!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2004
Tha Bay
www.healthcareforall.org
Status
Pre-Medical
Take the out of state interview...I would actually try to schedule it BEFORE USC, because you can get good practice out of the experience (especially if you haven't interviewed elsewhere). You want to be at the top of your game. Good luck!

About the Ads