umpolung

10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Greeting everyone,
I am a recent graduate from a canadian school of Iraqis origions. I have BSc in Biochem (Honours). I have done research thesis, volunteering of 250+ hr at five different locations. I have GPA of 2.6, and DAT scores 17, 18, 19. I am desperate to get into a program by 2010. I will be writing the DAT again soon. But my problem is I do not know where to apply for schools in the US. I have the dental guide for schools (2008) and i have an idea about schools that accept canadian with low GPAs. The question is what to do in Sept while waiting for admission to D-school (if that happened, but i highly doubt it). I have become very pesimest bc of schools admission. I got into a MSc program in chemistry but i do not want to go into that because I want to do something related to dentistry.. Does anyone know
where to apply for predental programs for sept 2009 at US school? THanks

Jul 9, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Are those scores the DAT breakdown of one test or scores of three individual tests?

To get started, go this website http://predents.com/

There is a search function in the bottom of the home page, called "member search". Now on that page, for app status choose accepted; for cycles choose "all cycles", and for "state res" choose "international".

Since your GPA is low, I do not think that you have an option of opting out of a masters or postbac program.

Last edited:
OP
U

umpolung

10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
thanks teddy for ur msg.
DATs score above are the breaks down of AA and PAT. Ive only taken the dat once thus far.
Also, i already got accepted in two MS. programs but they are a research base ones where u only do research while taking only three grad level courses... which i know its not a good option for future dental admission.
Thanks again!