Jun 22, 2009
Status
Dentist
i m an international student...i recently got accepted is UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA and FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY......

which one do u guys suggest???both of them r accredited.....

plz lemme know......selection dilemma:confused:

Nov 27, 2010
Status
Other Health Professions Student
I don't know much about the programs; but the University of Florida is a great school in general. I used to live in Florida and Gainesville is a nice area. Decent size but not crazy big. They have a lot of different programs on that campus so there should be a lot of opportunities for collaboration.

I think southern Florida is more diverse but probably has more crime than Gainesville. The Gainesville area probably costs less to live too and you really aren't far from the beach by car if that matters to you (less than 2 hours). Just go with what feels right to you and you'll be fine.

OP
vidic27
Jun 22, 2009
Status
Dentist
I don't know much about the programs; but the University of Florida is a great school in general. I used to live in Florida and Gainesville is a nice area. Decent size but not crazy big. They have a lot of different programs on that campus so there should be a lot of opportunities for collaboration.

I think southern Florida is more diverse but probably has more crime than Gainesville. The Gainesville area probably costs less to live too and you really aren't far from the beach by car if that matters to you (less than 2 hours). Just go with what feels right to you and you'll be fine.

ah finally someone replied.......thanks for the reply.....well ya...ur rite.....miami has more crime.........plus UF is a good uni in general- a public ivy...........i was just curious with the internship opportunities in gainsville as comapred to miami............ialso wanted to know which has a beter MPH program???............miami is definately a tempting prospect!