Aug 12, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Good evening,

I am simply seeking advice as to which medical schools would be best to apply to with my stats and EC's. In a perfect world, I would like schools that are more eastward but I know that when it comes to medical schools admissions beggars cant be choosers. I represent the African American community. With that being said here is a little background:

-505 MCAT
-Shadowed for 4 years:

Anesthesiologist-284 hrs
Vascular surgeon-30 hrs
Ophthalmologist-10 hrs
-MSICU volunteer- 100 hrs
-Mental health hospital intern-100 hrs
-Summer/Semester worth of cancer research under professor (no poster presentation)
-Biology tutor- 2 years
-Executive board member of fraternity
-Worked part time-
3 years
-Graduating with honors (Most likely means nothing, I know, just thought id add it)
-Member of multiple clubs on campus (pre-med club, etc.)

LORs from committee packet/ anesthesiologist

Any advice/ constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated and thank you to whoever takes the time to look at and respond to my thread

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Chances best with your state schools, the HBCs (don't forget UCLA-Drew) and at least Keck, UWV, IU, and perhaps the state schools in neighboring states.

OP
B
Aug 12, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Chances best with your state schools, the HBCs (don't forget UCLA-Drew) and at least Keck, UWV, IU, and perhaps the state schools in neighboring states.
Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it. I forgot to post the list that I came up with earlier. Any suggestions as to what I should add or remove, besides those mentioned before?

-Georgetown
-George Washington
-University of Maryland
-Howard University
-UWV
-The commonwealth medical college
-Frank H Netter school of medicine
-UCONN
-Cooper
-Rutgers
-Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson
-Eastern Virginia
-VCU
-Virginia Tech
-Albany

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student
Are you from PA or NJ?????

Add NYMC, U Miami, and SUNY-DS.

Delete the NJ schools if you're not from NJ (super IS bias).

Add any DO school except LUCOM.

Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it. I forgot to post the list that I came up with earlier. Any suggestions as to what I should add or remove, besides those mentioned before?

-Georgetown
-George Washington
-University of Maryland
-Howard University
-UWV
-The commonwealth medical college
-Frank H Netter school of medicine
-UCONN
-Cooper
-Rutgers
-Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson
-Eastern Virginia
-VCU
-Virginia Tech
-Albany

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student
Delete the NJ schools and TCMC. Add VCU, Gtown, GWU, and EVMS. Va Tech is too small and quirky to get a handle on for me. U MD should be at the top of your list!

Thanks again and i'm from MD