Urm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlexxusMichelle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, quick question~

I have been on this forum lurking for a while, some how i seemed to miss this one. Im glad i found it though, the peeps in the other threads are complete pricks!

How can someone tell if you will be a good doc or not by the way you write on your LEISURE TIME on an INTERNET FORUM... whatever!

And why does it seem that the docs that have made it all despise and underestimate nurses? I thought we were a team? I do see the RANK system in the hospital where im employed but i stay out of all that. I respect everyone for being apart of the team, ya know?

My question is why is the URM forum lacking the little sticky/notepad icon like all the other forums? The URM has an arrow? Is it a sub forum or something? It doesnt even show the last time someone posted or anything, i think thats why I missed it.

Alexxus

"Im lovestoned with out a care... and he knows.. i think that he knows Oh Oh..."

Members don't see this ad.

Underrepresented in Health care is a sub form of Topics in Health care which is a forum under the Interdisciplinary Forums. You can subscribe to an RSS feed which will allow you to see when new posts are up in this forum. This forum is moderated just as any of the the others forums on Student Doctor Network. It is no more or no less.

As one of those doctors who has "made it", I don't despise anyone in other health care professions. By virtue of my educational background and training, I sit at the head of the health care team and have earned to right to do so. By being at the head of the team, I don't engage in unprofessional behavior and I have far too little time to despise anything or anyone.

Stereotyping is the uninformed person's means of attempting to "put down" an entire group of people. Since many of the folks who are underrepresented in medicine have been the subject of stereotyping, we tend to avoid these things as such in this forum. This is a forum of support by positive people and not a place to come and complain.

Yes, hospitals have a hierarchy and physicians are generally near the top. What does this mean? It means that everyone has a role and when those roles are filled with competent and professional people, patients get the best care. The hospital hierarchy system is very similar to the military chain of command and yes, there is always someone who will potentially "out rank" you. It's a fact of life in this system and rather than complain, get the best results by learning how to work within a "chain of command" system.

Feel free to stop by this forum and feel free to use the RSS function. You can also subscribe to any threads in this forum too. Also, at the top of every page, you can find the "New Posts" section which will show you any new posts in any forum on SDN. Enjoy!

Thanks, njbmd! You just taught me a few things about SDN (namely that New Posts button and RSS fxn)!!!

Underrepresented in Health care is a sub form of Topics in Health care which is a forum under the Interdisciplinary Forums. You can subscribe to an RSS feed which will allow you to see when new posts are up in this forum. This forum is moderated just as any of the the others forums on Student Doctor Network. It is no more or no less.

As one of those doctors who has "made it", I don't despise anyone in other health care professions. By virtue of my educational background and training, I sit at the head of the health care team and have earned to right to do so. By being at the head of the team, I don't engage in unprofessional behavior and I have far too little time to despise anything or anyone.

Stereotyping is the uninformed person's means of attempting to "put down" an entire group of people. Since many of the folks who are underrepresented in medicine have been the subject of stereotyping, we tend to avoid these things as such in this forum. This is a forum of support by positive people and not a place to come and complain.

Yes, hospitals have a hierarchy and physicians are generally near the top. What does this mean? It means that everyone has a role and when those roles are filled with competent and professional people, patients get the best care. The hospital hierarchy system is very similar to the military chain of command and yes, there is always someone who will potentially "out rank" you. It's a fact of life in this system and rather than complain, get the best results by learning how to work within a "chain of command" system.

Feel free to stop by this forum and feel free to use the RSS function. You can also subscribe to any threads in this forum too. Also, at the top of every page, you can find the "New Posts" section which will show you any new posts in any forum on SDN. Enjoy!

I do apologiz for complaining. Hope I didnt offend anyone. Thanks for all the info.

Last edited: