URochester is telling me to go get BENT!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theunderdog

Medical Student (Slave)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
first, haha. heard that phrase while interviewing at tulane...

second, i haven't heard jack **** from rochester since being complete there in july. i used to be a type that called every single school every day, but my pre-med advisor says i should ease down on my obsessive compulsive disorder....

anyone know when their rejections go out?

Members don't see this ad.

theunderdog said:
first, haha. heard that phrase while interviewing at tulane...

second, i haven't heard jack **** from rochester since being complete there in july. i used to be a type that called every single school every day, but my pre-med advisor says i should ease down on my obsessive compulsive disorder....

anyone know when their rejections go out?

i got one this week.
-mota

DaMota said:
i got one this week.
-mota

I have been complete since July 18th for crying out loud. I sent an update letter this week and gota response email saying. "Thank you for your continued interest in Rochester. We will place this letter with your application".

I like the play on words there. They could mean with my application in the shredder or perhaps on their "Wall of Shame" for people who apply who have no chance and when they need a good laugh they go to the wall and it makes them feel better.

So who knows what happened to your apps.

Members don't see this ad :)
BOBODR said:
I have been complete since July 18th for crying out loud. I sent an update letter this week and gota response email saying. "Thank you for your continued interest in Rochester. We will place this letter with your application".

I like the play on words there. They could mean with my application in the shredder or perhaps on their "Wall of Shame" for people who apply who have no chance and when they need a good laugh they go to the wall and it makes them feel better.

So who knows what happened to your apps.

i did the same thing. got the same response. and i am having the same thoughts. haha. oh well, maybe there's still hope for us? it seems like several people have already been rejected pre-interview. maybe there's a reason they're holding onto our files?? who knows. :cool:

same here, complete for months and havent heard a thing

they seem to be very slow...I submitted all my materials mid-October, and recieved a "complete" e-mail notice from them last week (2 months later)

Does anyone know what the phrase "go get bent" refers to (if anything)?

Just curious...

I thought bent means go get drunk...but I could be wrong...

I might be confusing it with Krunk (crazy/drunk)....

bent is the past tense for the phrase of bending over....

think about bending over for someone...

Maybe by "get bent" they are recommending you experiment sexually with members of your same sex! :D Ha ha, j/k.

On the subject of Rochester, I've been complete since god knows when, not heard a peep out of htem.

"You should get bent over, so someone can sodomize you on Christmas!" --Urban Dictionary

Huh. I learn something new each day.

Get Bent:

7. to get intoxicated to the point where as you can't even stand up. To drink an acholic beverage to the point of unconciousness.

8. to get wasted; to get tanked; to get crunked

Thats exactly what I thought it meant...depends on your 'hood.

REP YOURRRR CITY!

Hmm, I don't know, Elastase. The urban thumbsup/thumbsdown votes are not in your favor. :D