Urology: urology match and osteopathic match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uworldrelay

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi is it possible to participate in the Urology match as well as the osteopathic match? I know the urology match occurs earlier. Is this a situation in which you would have a fair shot for allopathic urology and then ostopathic urology if it doesn't work out? just wondering, thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

The AOA match occurs before the ACGME match, so no.

but isn't the urology match separate? and earlier than both the AOA and ACGME matches?

Members don't see this ad :)
so can we participate in both matches? that being urology and AOA?

I am not 100% sure, but you should be able to as far as I know. However, the date of the urology match and the withdraw date for AOA are super close together, so there is not much of a window.

Yes, you can participate in any match that allows you to do so. The Uro & SF matches are before the AOA match, so you can participate in them. If you match, you need yup pull out of the AOA match (unless you need a TRI or something). Many people do this and use AOA as a backup. NRMP match is after the AOA match, so same kind of rules apply. If you want, you can participate in all of them, but if you match, you have to pull out of the latter ones.