US and Canada Prometric centers closed for the next 30 days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idkididk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Updated 3/17/2020

Within the past 24 hours, the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) have issued updated guidance on measures to be taken to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 disease. In particular, the CDC lowered the number of people that should be able to congregate in the same space from 50 to 10 in the United States.

Given this new guidance, Prometric has determined it is necessary and appropriate to temporarily close our test centers in the United States and Canada for a period of 30 days, starting March 18. This step is being taken to further protect the health and well-being of the individual test takers and our staff. We anticipate re-opening our test centers effective April 16.

If you have an existing appointment with Prometric, you will receive email instructions on how to reschedule your appointment to a future date once it is safe to resume testing. No rescheduling fees will be applied. We are working with your exam sponsor to ensure all program requirements are met. Please note that if you choose to contact Prometric for assistance, hold times may be extended due to the volume of individuals we are attempting to support. We thank you for your patience.

If you are looking to schedule a new appointment, you can search for available appointments on our website, www.prometric.com. Note that appointments in the US and Canada will not be available until April 16 at the earliest.

We will update this website each time new information is available. The operating status of test centers in other locations can be found at this location.

Members don't see this ad.

Oof, my buddy had his Step 2 CK planned for later this week, guess that's being pushed by at least a month. And majority of med schools seem to be closing down rotations at this point, nearly all of them have shut down aways/auditions. I myself am probably missing my last chance to take an elective of interest prior to ERAS.

If corona stays problematic past mid-April (which it probably will) this is going to significantly screw with a lot of people's residency choices/applications

Literally just finished step 3 yesterday... grateful that it’s over with, since I wouldn’t have time to retake it anytime soon, but also not remotely surprised given the number of people there. Definitely sucks for people who need to take steps in the next few months, though.

I know someone who did day 1 of step 3 yesterday but had day 2 scheduled for Friday. I assume they’ll have to waive the 14-day restriction in this case, since there’ll be a minimum of 1 month in between.... but man that sucks.