US Army Prosthodontic Residency at Ft. Gordon questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GiardiaSpaghetti

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am currently a 4th year dental student in the process of applying as a GP to the Army through direct commission when I graduate and I am planning to apply to the pros program at Ft. Gordon the following cycle. I'm a NYC resident and put West Point as my 1st choice preference. What are my realistic chances of being assigned to that duty station, being I have no prior service and coming straight out of dental school?

I also wanted to get some insight from anyone who finished the pros program at Ft. Gordon or is currently enrolled.

1. What do you like/don’t like about the program?
2. How are the mentors? Your co-residents?
3. How is the day-to-day life as a resident in terms of number of pts/hours per week?
4. How about lab work? I heard there’s a ton and you do pretty much everything
5. How much time is spent on treating patients, on lectures/seminars or on research?
6. Is there any time off, on the weekends? I spoke to someone who graduated from the program and he said he was barely home the 3 years and was in the lab on most weekends.

Any other info about the program or general info about the area is much appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I am currently a 4th year dental student in the process of applying as a GP to the Army through direct commission when I graduate and I am planning to apply to the pros program at Ft. Gordon the following cycle. I'm a NYC resident and put West Point as my 1st choice preference. What are my realistic chances of being assigned to that duty station, being I have no prior service and coming straight out of dental school?

I also wanted to get some insight from anyone who finished the pros program at Ft. Gordon or is currently enrolled.

1. What do you like/don’t like about the program?
2. How are the mentors? Your co-residents?
3. How is the day-to-day life as a resident in terms of number of pts/hours per week?
4. How about lab work? I heard there’s a ton and you do pretty much everything
5. How much time is spent on treating patients, on lectures/seminars or on research?
6. Is there any time off, on the weekends? I spoke to someone who graduated from the program and he said he was barely home the 3 years and was in the lab on most weekends.

Any other info about the program or general info about the area is much appreciated. Thank you!
Is the Army even taking direct accessions now?

Big Hoss