Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

US Army surgery Programs

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by hosskp1, Feb 1, 2002.

1. hosskp1

hosskp1 Senior Member

Attending Physician
    Can anyone tell me anything about the Surgery Residency programs in the Army. I am going on a rotation to Madigan and william beaumont this spring, Walter reed and Tripler in the fall and I will be applying to the progrms this fall. I want any feed back you can give me. I would like to know about competetiveness and anything else I can do to help myself match. Any help will be greatly appreciated. thank you and Hoo-Ah

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. edmadison

edmadison 1K Member

Attending Physician
    Hosskp1,

I can't answer your question -- so I'll ask you one. According to what the Army told me, you can only do two rotations. How did you do four -- are you usuhs or hpsp

thanks, and hoo-ah

Ed

4. hosskp1

hosskp1 Senior Member

Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by edmadison:
    <strong>Hosskp1,

I can't answer your question -- so I'll ask you one. According to what the Army told me, you can only do two rotations. How did you do four -- are you usuhs or hpsp

thanks, and hoo-ah

Ed</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am in the HPSP-- I am doing two active duty and staying with friends for the other two. I really want to match at an Army program so I think it might help me to show my face.