US Citizen, UK Medical School, Canadian Residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hometownglory

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I am a US citizen, who is graduating from a UK Medical School. I would like to pursue a pediatric hematology-oncology residency in Canada, preferably in Ontario. Would this be possible, and if so, how can I do this? I don't speak fluent French, and would like to permanently reside in Canada. Thank you.
-- hometownglory xo :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. I am a US citizen, who is graduating from a UK Medical School. I would like to pursue a pediatric hematology-oncology residency in Canada, preferably in Ontario. Would this be possible, and if so, how can I do this? I don't speak fluent French, and would like to permanently reside in Canada. Thank you.
-- hometownglory xo :love:

Not to be rude but how serious are you about coming to Canada? Have you ever even been to Canada?

Sorry to give you bad news. You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to apply for government funded residency spots in Canada. The only exceptions are the VISA spots that are funded by other governements (mostly in the Middle East) and only open to citizens of the country purchasing the position.

http://www.carms.ca/eng/r1_eligibility_e.shtml