Quantcast

US Federal student loans for Oz students in 2009?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shan564

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The financial aid office at USyd told me that I need not worry about my loans. However, they also told me to expect a loan letter by the end of November, and I still haven't received it. Has anybody else received word regarding their US Federal loans?

neulite

Graduate Student (GRII)
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
US loan holder here. I am attending UQ though and I applied a while back. I am receiving the federal stafford loans (unsub and sub) and I am supplementing that with the credit-based grad PLUS loan to pay for the remaining tuition and living expenses. If you were approved I wouldn't worry about the letter from usyd since the money is there. You can check the status online at the lenders website. I used ASA direct.

Also, remember that disbursements of US loans comes right before the due date and you won't receive any living money and such until like Feb. Well, this is how it is for me at UQ. I won't receive anything until mid Feb.

shan564

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, nobody ever told me that I was approved... she just said that the economic situation shouldn't affect my loans (but that was before the most recent downturn).