US Grad seeking PGY1 Anywhere

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SNYC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend just graduated from an LCME-accredited medical school in the mid-west. He was not cleared for graduation until just before the Dean's letter was out, and did not match. He attended Northwestern University for his undergrad studies, has a solid medical school track record, some research and a couple of publications. He has scored around 210 on his USMLE Steps 1 and 2CK, and has passed 2CS.

He is looking for PGY-1 position anywhere. He prefers Pathology, IM, prelim or transitional year, but is open to all.

He is a US Citizen, and has no visa issues. Any help appreciated!

Please e-mail: [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

My friend just graduated from an LCME-accredited medical school in the mid-west. He was not cleared for graduation until just before the Dean's letter was out, and did not match. He attended Northwestern University for his undergrad studies, has a solid medical school track record, some research and a couple of publications. He has scored around 210 on his USMLE Steps 1 and 2CK, and has passed 2CS.

He is looking for PGY-1 position anywhere. He prefers Pathology, IM, prelim or transitional year, but is open to all.

He is a US Citizen, and has no visa issues. Any help appreciated!

Please e-mail: [email protected]

Seems to be a few PGY-1 spots in Pathology on ResidentSwap. I don't know where but might be worthwhile to take a look.

Thank you. He already looked, but they appear to be older postings.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. He already looked, but they appear to be older postings.

Ok. In that case, your friend may need to unfortunately wait out a year. Is he/she applying through the match? probably best bet right now. Some positions may open up as people change their minds, get fired, etc.

Ok. In that case, your friend may need to unfortunately wait out a year. Is he/she applying through the match? probably best bet right now. Some positions may open up as people change their minds, get fired, etc.
Thank you. Let's hope something opens us, and that my friend does not have to resort to his backup.

Would he be interested in a short term project that can help his CV. Refer to my posting in jobs section.
contact me for more [email protected]