US HealthCare Info?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rubberducky

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received my interview invite from Georgetown and I heard that they ask a lot of questions about health care (problems, how to fix it, HMOs, etc). Anyone know a good website that gives some good insight into these complicated issues? I don't want to pit out my shirt when they pop the question. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

You're right...I was asked questions about health care at Georgetown as well. I used the following link as my only source of information, and believe, me there's more than enough here to adequately get you through this line of questioning. Hope this helps.

<a href="http://www.publicagenda.org" target="_blank">http://www.publicagenda.org</a>

Great site, Darwin! Thanks, even though I'm not going to be interviewing at Georgetown. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Doing a search for this topic will probably be more helpful. Some people in the past have recommended both great websites and books to check out so you get the general drift of what the controversial topics are in modern day medicine & are able to converse intelligently about them with your interviewer. Good luck.

Hey sommer,

The site that Darwin mentioned was extremely helpful to get some to-the-point analysis about healthcare and served me well during my interview last week at a school that LOVES to grill you with that kind of stuff. Also, a really great book to read on HMO's is "Health Against Wealth" by George Anders; it is easy to read, very insightful and the last chapter even includes some solutions, which is always helpful because when the interviewer asks you what you think about healthcare/HMO's/etc. the follow-up question will almost certainly be..."So what can we do about it?" Hope this helps and good luck with all of your interviews!