US Postal Service Commercial

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

u2sara

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen that new USPS commerical with the kid who gets accepted to Arizona?

Members don't see this ad.

No, I haven't seen this commercial yet .. but you did remind me of another commercial from a few years back. I vaguely remember it was for an express delivery company or something. They show a guy in his mid-30s cleaning a swimming pool (apparently his current occupation) and a delivery guy hands him an envelope. The envelope was an acceptance packet from a law or medical school (can't remember). The delivery guy said something about better late than never.

Oh man, that commercial Jedi is talking about is hillarious. But it's kinda sas too, you have to feel for the guy... :( I bet that sort of thing has actually, over the years, happend to someone out there...

Members don't see this ad :)
have any of you seen the movie, "getting in" it's about a guy who tries to get into medical school (hopkins to be specific). you see him in the beginning screw up on his MCATs. He is off by one multiple choice question and tries to fix it when time is called. He only suceeds in erasing his answers. then he interviews at hopkins. they ask him why he wants to go to hopkins. his reply," cause my father went, my grandfather went, and my great grandfather went." He gets waitlisted. it was a terrible movie, yet funny. sort of the movie you wouldn't mind watching if it was for free.

Oldman - we discussed that movie a few weeks ago. Its a funny movie with a lame ending.

Yeah that new commercial is funny. For those that haven't seen it, you can download it from <a href="http://www.usps.gov" target="_blank">www.usps.gov</a> (click on "The next four years...)

oh sorry. i didn't see that post.

yeah the ending was lame. i liked the MCAT and the Interview portion of the movie, but that was about it.

like i said, i'd watch it for free. on the other hand i saw the movie batman and robin for free. that was a complete waste of time. i wish i had gotten my 1.5 hours back of my life.

i just saw the ad, my question is who the hell takes trigonometry in college???

"so in conclusion: SOH-CAH-TOA. that ends our intensive 20 week course in college trigonomety."

shrug. one thing i saw at my college was an algebra class, but it was graduate level. i asked someone who took it. the class has homework that is just pages and pages of proofs. i bet the same would be for a trig class in college
you'd have to prove sohcahtoa.