igupta23

10+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
well my ques might sound absurd and a bit foolish to most of you but i think u ppl can help me out
right now i m an undergraduate in my 1st yr of medical college from india
i wish to enquire is there any diff between the us residency we get after clearing all the steps of usmle and getting post graduation in us?

Winged Scapula

Cougariffic!
Staff member
Volunteer Staff
Apr 9, 2000
forums.studentdoctor.net
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
well my ques might sound absurd and a bit foolish to most of you but i think u ppl can help me out
right now i m an undergraduate in my 1st yr of medical college from india
i wish to enquire is there any diff between the us residency we get after clearing all the steps of usmle and getting post graduation in us?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking if residency is the same as post-graduate training?

If so, the answer is yes, although residency is a form of post-graduate training, it is not the only one, as fellowship would also be considered post-graduate training.

To obtain a residency or post-graduate training in the US, you must complete the steps toward ECFMG certification: http://www.ecfmg.org

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.