USA..how long did they take to contact you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashy87pt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I discovered this site and it has been so helpful I figured I had to join. :) I applied to USA san marcos campus a few days before the 12/15 deadline. I know it hasnt been all that long..but I am oh so anxious. Can anyone tell me how long it took to get any kind of email or call from them? Also, for those that got an interview, was this invitation the first communication you got from them? and was it by phone? I applied to 10 schools and have only heard from one so far..the waiting is awful..especially for usa. I want an interview so badly.. Thanks everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

I know the feeling :)

With the school I'm in right now, the deadline was Nov 4th. I was notified, by email, that they received all of my materials and my application was being processed probably 2-3 weeks after that. I was offered an interview on Dec 29th (interviews were at the end of January) and got my acceptance letter just before Valentine's Day!

Good luck!

I was accepted into the DPT program at USA starting May 2011. I submitted my application about two weeks prior to the deadline for the may class, which I believe was sometime in october. I received confirmation that I was asked to attend the interview the following Monday. So basically it took them only one day to respond to me that I had an interview. Super speedy if you ask me! As far as finding out if I was accepted or denied after the interview, I had to wait about 2 1/2 weeks. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Tsd06,
thanks for your response..but man that makes me nervous. They received my application on December 13th..im sure the holiday slowed things down a bit but still..that means I either should have heard from now or will any day. gulp. Did they inform you of the interview by mail or phone? Also was it for the san marcos campus? Did you enjoy is when you interviewed? and did you decide to go there? Sorry for all the questions but this school sounds great and I want an interview sooooo bad. Thanks!

Anybody here applying for the Spring 2012 entrance for USA?

Im applying for Fall 2011. Havent heard anything yet though except they received my stuff. Fingers crossed

I was notified of my interview via email. I applied to the St. Augustine campus, so I cannot really speak as to how the process goes over at the Cali campus, but I assume they are very similar. I LOVED it when I interviewed there. If felt like one big family since everyone is there and focused on the SAME thing (PT and OT that is). I decided to accept my admission and start early this May!

I also applied for the Fall 2011 class for the San Marcos campus. I just got notification through email today stating they have processed my application, and that it will now be sent to admissions for further review. I am so nervous now, because I feel like I should be getting notice any time now about an interview :xf:, at least that's what I am hoping for. Let's keep each other updated on who is finding out what information and when. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

Hey PTSuccess,

I got the same notification a few days ago..and am as equally nervous waiting for a decision..maybe we will be on the same interview day :)

Im applying for Fall 2011. Havent heard anything yet though except they received my stuff. Fingers crossed

I originally had submited my application for the summer 2010 class, but I had to change it to the Fall 2011 class. So USA actually had my application well in advance. I recieved my interview invite via email on 21 Jan. My interview in on 26 Feb. Hope to see some of you there.
Good Luck everyone!!

Anyone going to the interview at St Augustine in FL on Friday Feb 25