Program-Specific Info / Q's USA St. Augustine Acceptance MOT Summer/Fall 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

srb527

Reaction score
Hello! I couldn't find a thread already active for USA Fall 2020, so I decided to make one. Please direct me to the thread if there is already one active!

I had my interview at St. Augustine Feb 21, but wanted to know who all has already gotten accepted and if you plan on going! I applied for the MOT program and the Fall start date :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! I couldn't find a thread already active for USA Fall 2020, so I decided to make one. Please direct me to the thread if there is already one active!

I had my interview at St. Augustine Feb 21, but wanted to know who all has already gotten accepted and if you plan on going! I applied for the MOT program and the Fall start date :)

I have an interview on March 19th! How was it?

I have an interview on March 19th! How was it?
It was my first interview, so I don't have anything to really compare it to, but I really enjoyed it! It was basically an orientation and then short group interview at the end with 1-2 other people and one staff member. It felt like a conversation to me, and the professor seemed to be really interested in what we had to say. I would say go over basic questions like why OT, how you handle stress, etc but not too much that you sound rehearsed. The program definitely impressed me and I would love to attend if I get in! Good luck to you!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It was my first interview, so I don't have anything to really compare it to, but I really enjoyed it! It was basically an orientation and then short group interview at the end with 1-2 other people and one staff member. It felt like a conversation to me, and the professor seemed to be really interested in what we had to say. I would say go over basic questions like why OT, how you handle stress, etc but not too much that you sound rehearsed. The program definitely impressed me and I would love to attend if I get in! Good luck to you!!

Aw thank you so much for the info! Do you know when you should be hearing back from them? Good luck to you as well.

Good luck to you guys! I applied for May 2020 at San Marcos and got in. So if you have any questions lemme know! Typically within a week of your interview you will know their decision.

As srb527 said, not much to worry about it really is an impressive program and I just love the atmosphere. It just felt like they truly want you to succeed and everyone is on the same team. Unlike certain other programs, where it seems they had no sympathy for you if you were to fail a class, they will work with you.

The only part that I really am considering as a con/ holding me back is the price tag.

Last edited:

I had my interview Jan 21 and was accepted a week later for Fall 2020. I reserved my seat and will attend this Fall as MOT resident in San Marcos. Good luck! Keep us posted.

Good luck to you guys! I applied for May 2020 at San Marcos and got in. So if you have any questions lemme know! Typically within a week of your interview you will know their decision.

As srb527 said, not much to worry about it really is an impressive program and I just love the atmosphere. It just felt like they truly want you to succeed and everyone is on the same team. Unlike certain other programs, where it seems they had no sympathy for you if you were to fail a class, they will work with you.

The only part that I really am considering as a con/ holding me back is the price tag.
When did you interview for summer? Because I had originally applied for the fall start date at san marcos but last week at the interview I switched it to the summer start date.

When did you interview for summer? Because I had originally applied for the fall start date at san marcos but last week at the interview I switched it to the summer start date.

My interview date was 11/12/19.

I got my acceptance on Tuesday 3/3 and will be attending in Fall 2020! Hope to see you all, good luck! :)

Reactions: 2 users
I got my acceptance on Tuesday 3/3 and will be attending in Fall 2020! Hope to see you all, good luck! :)

I just got accepted today and will also be attending Fall 2020 I am so excited! Do you know if there’s a facebook group?

Reactions: 2 users
I also interviewed in February and will be attending the MOT in the fall! If someone hears of a Facebook group please post :)

Hi! I interview for the MOT program on the Austin campus on Feb. 28th and got my acceptance for the fall 2020 entry. Anyone else get accepted to the Austin campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted today and will also be attending Fall 2020 I am so excited! Do you know if there’s a facebook group?
Yay congratulations! I haven’t seen one yet but if you want to connect feel free to add me on FB! :) Sarah Magner

I also interviewed in February and will be attending the MOT in the fall! If someone hears of a Facebook group please post :)
Congratulations!! I will for sure keep an eye out!! Feel free to add me on FB if you’d like! It would be awesome to know some of our cohort before the semester starts! Sarah Magner

I couldn't find another thread. I just got accepted for the Summer/May start date, and I'm going! But I basically feel like I'm not really going to be starting until July because St. Aug has made the May tri-mester all online due to coronavirus. Gives me more time to figure out my move down to San Marcos area.

Yay congratulations! I haven’t seen one yet but if you want to connect feel free to add me on FB! :) Sarah Magner
I was accepted for summer 2020, maybe we should make our own group! (I just added you Sarah. I'm Cindy. Hope to see ya in person soon!)

I just got in! Do you know of any Facebook page for the summer cohort?
Hey Makhtar! I also got in for summer 2020. I haven't seen any FB pages for a summer cohort... maybe we should make one of our own...

Last edited:
Hey Makhtar! I also got in for summer 2020. I haven't seen any FB pages for a summer cohort... maybe we should make one of our own... feel free to friend me on FB. It's Cindy Lum. :)

I believe David (academic advisor) will send you a welcome email and has created a group already for summer 2020. He is the admin for that group. Below is the link.

I believe David (academic advisor) will send you a welcome email and has created a group already for summer 2020. He is the admin for that group. Below is the link.

Thanks!

Hey guys!
I interviewed last week with St Augustine for the flex MOT in Austin

How long did it take you guys to receive a decision?

I’m super nervous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys!
I interviewed last week with St Augustine for the flex MOT in Austin

How long did it take you guys to receive a decision?

I’m super nervous!

It took a week for me. Good luck!

Thanks! It’s exactly a week today but i have yet to hear anything and my application still says under review /:

Then again mine was San Marcos, CA and pre-outbreak. I wouldn't let that frazzle you. I'm sure them social distancing makes it harder to push out the decisions in a timely manner.

Hey everyone! I got my acceptance for St Augustine MOT Austin today!!

I was wondering if you guys know how to log into the portal in order to pay the deposit?
Is it with the USA email??

I was wondering if you guys know how to log into the portal in order to pay the deposit?

Congrats! Knew you could do it. :)

For San Marcos Campus, they included instructions on the acceptance letter on how to do so on the USA portal.

For San Marcos Campus, they included instructions on the acceptance letter on how to do so on the USA portal.

Maybe tomorrow it’ll work cuz i was trying to log in with my USA email but wasn’t working

And thank you!! I’m really excited

Congrats! So happy for you!

Hi! I got accepted to the Austin campus as well! Are you summer or fall start?

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and have a few questions regarding the St. Augustine MOT flex program. With the program being online with the exception of the labs every other weekend, is it feasible to work a fulltime job out of state and do the commute? I am an older student and would not be able to make a living without working a fulltime job. Also, some of my prerequisites are over six years old because I took them in my first two years of school and have since been going part time. Does anyone know if they would except the prerequisites even though they are older than five years? I currently work in health care as a mental health counselor on a geriatric psychiatric unit. I didn't know if this would make a difference. Becoming an OT is my dream but I have had many bumps along the way, so I am trying desperately to line up all my ducks. Thank you in advance for advice.

Hi everyone!

Just got an interview for the MOT San Marcos campus. Any tips or anything I should be prepared for besides Why OT?

Hi everyone!

Just got an interview for the MOT San Marcos campus. Any tips or anything I should be prepared for besides Why OT?

I think overall just try to be prepared to incorporate your experiences in your answers as well. I know by doing so I was able to answer without much delay. Also is it a group interview? If so, be sure to listen and incorporate what they say when you answer. I think that shows how you are a team player and an active listener. Also something others overlook is to ask questions at the end. It's your chance to interview them as well as they you. I remember that I asked how your program stands out from the rest.

Hope this helps! Good Luck.

I think overall just try to be prepared to incorporate your experiences in your answers as well. I know by doing so I was able to answer without much delay. Also is it a group interview? If so, be sure to listen and incorporate what they say when you answer. I think that shows how you are a team player and an active listener. Also something others overlook is to ask questions at the end. It's your chance to interview them as well as they you. I remember that I asked how your program stands out from the rest.

Hope this helps! Good Luck.
Thank you so much for your help! I will be sure to follow these tips since it is a group interview. And yes I'll probably do some research for questions to ask.

Hi! I have my interview for Fall 2020 tomorrow at noon for St. Augustine. Has anyone else interviewed recently? If so, how did it go?

I had my interview Jan 21 and was accepted a week later for Fall 2020. I reserved my seat and will attend this Fall as MOT resident in San Marcos. Good luck! Keep us posted.

Hi, I'm assuming you're currently attending the program now. Would you mind sharing your experience at this school? There are many negative things said about it online and I just finished my interview for the summer 2021 cohort.

Hi! I have my interview for Fall 2020 tomorrow at noon for St. Augustine. Has anyone else interviewed recently? If so, how did it go?

I had my interview for the summer 2021 last week. But

Hi, are you currently attending the program in San marcos now? Would you mind sharing your experience with me? There are so mnay negative things about this school.

Hi, are you currently attending the program in San marcos now? Would you mind sharing your experience with me? There are so mnay negative things about this school.

Hi I ultimately decided to go with San Jose State! The price tag was something I couldn't accept.

Do you mind sharing what negative things you've heard about St. Augustine San Marcos? I just applied as well.

Do you mind sharing what negative things you've heard about St. Augustine San Marcos? I just applied as well.

I just read a lot of others say that the school does not care about the students and they dont think twice about letting students go if they're not doing well. Oh and also the price tag is very steep. Did you apply for the summer 2021 cohort? They say USA only cares about the money.