USAA Movers Advantage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dtn3t

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used this before? I'm looking to buy a home soon and just trying to see if it's worth it or not to explore this option. Some mixed reviews online, but most of the negative seems to be from the selling perspective.

Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

I used it when moving to an area with which I was wholly unfamiliar. That is, it didn't really matter that they assigned a realtor to me, because I didn't have any in mind, nor did I know anyone who might refer me to a good agent. It was okay, and getting a few thousand back at the end of the process was a nice cherry.

That said, I highly doubt I'll ever do it again. After having been through a few real estate transactions, the realtor can make or break you. It's something that you want to choose on your own - not leave up to USAA or anyone else.

Also, the program gets its money by basically requiring a kick-back from the agent. Accordingly, many higher quality realtors, who aren't hurting for clients or money, just don't accept referrals from USAA. That's not to say that you will necessarily be assigned a bad agent, but you get the idea.