Air Force USAF Flight tour

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NASA123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a PGY-1 that was civilian deferred for TY. I am trying to find out who I need to be in contact to set up for a flight tour next year. The Physician Education Office didn't seem to know. I don't want to miss any upcoming deadlines.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I recommend contacting either the flight medicine assignments officer or the consultant.

You also need to get an IFC II flight physical as soon as possible. You're still a long way out since you won't graduate from PGY1 until June, but it doesn't hurt to start early. Especially as a civilian deferred, you may have difficult finding a USAF MTF to get the flight physical.

If you have any questions about flight med assignments, I can give you my advice (may differ from others...).

Let me know!

Members don't see this ad :)
They will definitely find you. Before I got accepted to a categorical residency, I was initially in a civilian-deferred transitional year. I got an email during the fall from someone higher up saying that in February, I would need to take a week off to go get my flight physical done at a specified location. Luckily, I eventually matched and did not need to go through the process. Why on earth the Air Force would not have allowed me to take the physical on my own time at the closest MTF is beyond me.