USAR and USAF FP: In Dire Straits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

island doc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Army and AF FP situation must be absolutely dire right now. I know this because of the following solicitation I received in the mail today from Humana Military Healthcare Services:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------"Consider an Exciting Career Change Providing Healthcare Services to America's Servicemen and Women"

HMHS is seeking experienced physicians to provide Family Practice services to military personnel, their families and military retirees in military facilities including:

Fort McPherson in Atlanta, GA
Fort Benning in Columbus, GA
Fort Stewart in Hinesville, GA
Robins AFB in Warner Robins, GA

Providers are hired as independent contractors and will normally work full time days, Monday-Friday. The renumeration package offers competitive compensation, paid time off, paid Holidays, malpractice insurance, and a sign-on and/or relocation bonus.

We encourage US citizens to contact us for specific details about each exciting opportunity.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

They must be in an utterly desperate situation to resort to this. Do they really believe that I would even for a moment consider returning to that horrible mess? Perhaps USAF Doc :D, but certainly not moi.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you call and ask for salary info? I bet its twice what active duty docs are making.