USC 2009-2010 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AC for me... March 20 interviewee.
email received today :/

Reallly? Interesting... what time was that email sent? I havn't gotten anything.

Members don't see this ad.

You got a letter? In the smail mail today??? Does it say what number you are on the waitlist?

Sorry, I meant letter via email. I got it just now. and no number, just AC from the march 20th interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Also got an e-mail that said I'm AC following March 20th interview.

According to the msg, 36 of 100 people were offered admission, and the rest of us are AC.

Does anyone how many people they pulled off the AC list from the first 3 interviews? Cuz they didn't say in my AC email.

I was thinking,
Nov interview: accepted 55
Jan: accepted 40
Feb: accepted 40
Mar: accepted 36

That's only 171. So I want to know how many from AC list so far that were accepted. B/c if the class is 180 to 190, then there should be some more spaces, but if they already offered the rest to previous AC applicants, then the class is temporarily full. :(

My AC letter said 30 from march were accepted plus 10 from the nov-feb AC list. I believe 2 AC from first hold letter and 1 AC from the second hold letter were accepted so that makes a total of 55 + 40 + 2 + 40+ 1 + 30 + 10 is 178.... :(

My AC letter said 30 from march were accepted plus 10 from the nov-feb AC list. I believe 2 AC from first hold letter and 1 AC from the second hold letter were accepted so that makes a total of 55 + 40 + 2 + 40+ 1 + 30 + 10 is 178.... :(

That's weird, b/c this is what mine said:

"The Admission Committee of the University of Southern California School of Pharmacy has completed its initial review of all applicants interviewed on March 20, 2010. Of the 100 applicants interviewed, 36 have been offered admission for classes beginning Fall 2010. There have been 64 applicants placed in an "active consideration" status. No one has been denied."

Also, does anyone know if they had said they are done with offers for admission at the moment? or are they still working on it? Is the class full at the moment?

Last edited:
OMG just got my acceptance letter....:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

I was one of the people pulled off the AC list

I got the same infor as yours. 30+10.

WOWOWOWOWOW I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!! Got the big yellow envelope!!! I was on AC from Nov interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Still on AC

Very nervous
I graduated Summa Cum Laude for undergrad in molecular bio but was rejected by UCSF and UoP

I really want to go to USC, so badly :\
They are my #1 choice

Now that they have offered admissions to some people from the March interview, do you think there will be more acceptances? Or do you think they will proceed to rejection and ranked waiting list?

i interviewed march 20 and got the AC email today. The email talked about the 36 students accepted and the rest on AC. We also had a lot of tap students interview that day too..i was in the 2nd session of the day and there was a group of like 8 tap students, are they included in the 36 admitted?

i interviewed march 20 and got the AC email today. The email talked about the 36 students accepted and the rest on AC. We also had a lot of tap students interview that day too..i was in the 2nd session of the day and there was a group of like 8 tap students, are they included in the 36 admitted?

I think so. They said "of the 100 interviewees" or something like that. So they had accepted 36 students of the 100 students. And I know that each of the interviews in Jan, Feb, and March had 100 students... So the only way for TAP students not to count in the 36 acceptances, is that they weren't counted in the 100 students that were interviewed that day.

If TAP students were included in the 36 acceptances, that really is sad.

Now that they have offered admissions to some people from the March interview, do you think there will be more acceptances? Or do you think they will proceed to rejection and ranked waiting list?

My guess is you might see a couple more acceptances possted, but likely only those whose mail was delayed. Next would be the waitlist letters asking who wants to remain in consideration (the point where most people who have an acceptance letter somewhere else will probably give up) After that you should get your waitlist number. Then you'll probably see some acceptances trickle in as other schools (UCSF/UCSD) accept more students and then things start to get crazy. Sometimes a flurry of acceptances, sometimes a wait of 1 month and nothing. Nothing is sure until the third week of August.

Is anyone else super depressed and thinks this AC crap is a downhill road? I do. Im currently crying myself to sleep. This SUCKS. :thumbdown:thumbdown

My guess is you might see a couple more acceptances possted, but likely only those whose mail was delayed. Next would be the waitlist letters asking who wants to remain in consideration (the point where most people who have an acceptance letter somewhere else will probably give up) After that you should get your waitlist number. Then you'll probably see some acceptances trickle in as other schools (UCSF/UCSD) accept more students and then things start to get crazy. Sometimes a flurry of acceptances, sometimes a wait of 1 month and nothing. Nothing is sure until the third week of August.

From past experiences how many people give up their spots? Do most people decide to remain on AC?

I just got accepted today but I'll be giving up my seat. Hope that opens a spot for someone else!

Can anyone call and ask to see if their class is full? And when they are sending out rejection/waiting list letters?

Can anyone call and ask to see if their class is full? And when they are sending out rejection/waiting list letters?

Just talked to Xin. She said that the class is indeed full. She also mentioned that emails will be sent out either today or Monday asking whether or not you would like to be placed on the waitlist. Unfortunately, she also mentioned that this year, there will NOT be a ranked waitlist. Instead there will just be a general waitlist with no ranking system whatsoever. In my opinion, this is horrible news, because now, we will have NO IDEA what our chances are.

In my opinion, its all over folks. :(:(:(

just talked to xin. She said that the class is indeed full. She also mentioned that emails will be sent out either today or monday asking whether or not you would like to be placed on the waitlist. Unfortunately, she also mentioned that this year, there will not be a ranked waitlist. Instead there will just be a general waitlist with no ranking system whatsoever. In my opinion, this is horrible news, because now, we will have no idea what our chances are.

In my opinion, its all over folks. :(:(:(

no ranking?!!!!!!!!!! So if they ask us if we would like to be on the waiting list, does that mean they are not rejecting people?

no ranking?!!!!!!!!!! So if they ask us if we would like to be on the waiting list, does that mean they are not rejecting people?

Yup. Totally sucks. It'd be nice if someone double checked this information with Jim so we can confirm this is true. I cannot call back today because I have already bothered them too much today. But if anyone would like to volunteer calling Jim and asking... that would be nice... his direct number is 323-442-1468.

Yup. Totally sucks. It'd be nice if someone double checked this information with Jim so we can confirm this is true. I cannot call back today because I have already bothered them too much today. But if anyone would like to volunteer calling Jim and asking... that would be nice... his direct number is 323-442-1468.

its true... the email just came through from xin

I called Jim before I got this email and he also said what the later stated - they will not be ranking this year. I asked if anyone will get rejected and he said they will be going through those in active consideration and in the next 2-3 weeks they will reject those that got a really low score (on the interview I assume or maybe overall). :scared:

Is anyone else super depressed and thinks this AC crap is a downhill road? I do. Im currently crying myself to sleep. This SUCKS. :thumbdown:thumbdown

Hi everyone, I received an email on 4/8, I got put on AC as well. Then I received another email today (4/9) telling me that I got wait listed, now I'm officially feeling down and out.

The letter states that .an additional 45 candidates have been admitted from the AC list....
Also they want those wait listed to send . .an Expression of Interest form, detailing if we are still interested. As anyone done this already? Would it be better to fax or mail it in? Any suggestions...

Good job to those who have gotten in and for those like me, think positively and never give up :xf:

You guys what makes me think that more than half of those 36 accepted are from the TAP program??? because only in my group we had about 10 of them or more, so if they supposedly have guaranteed admission then that explains this very well, considering the fact that it was the last interview and fewer seats left for the unfortunate rest of us...

I just received my acceptance today!!! I was a November AC. :soexcited:

Hi everyone, I received an email on 4/8, I got put on AC as well. Then I received another email today (4/9) telling me that I got wait listed, now I'm officially feeling down and out.

The letter states that .an additional 45 candidates have been admitted from the AC list.....
.Also they want those wait listed to send ..an Expression of Interest form, detailing if we are still interested. As anyone done this already? Would it be better to fax or mail it in? Any suggestions....

.Good job to those who have gotten in and for those like me, think positively and never give up :xf:.

I mailed my Expression of Interest form out today. I put No, I'm no longer interested in the USC School of Pharmacy. I am withdrawing my application because: I will be attending...

Last edited:
On the expression of interest form, why do they say (for use after June1)? I know it's to contact us, but what I'm wondering is: is that when they start pulling people from the waiting list? or do they pull people off the waiting list before that?

You guys what makes me think that more than half of those 36 accepted are from the TAP program??? because only in my group we had about 10 of them or more, so if they supposedly have guaranteed admission then that explains this very well, considering the fact that it was the last interview and fewer seats left for the unfortunate rest of us...

What group were you in? What time of interview? I don't know how many TAP were in my group

The letter states that .an additional 45 candidates have been admitted from the AC list....
Also they want those wait listed to send . .an Expression of Interest form, detailing if we are still interested. As anyone done this already? Would it be better to fax or mail it in? Any suggestions...

Good job to those who have gotten in and for those like me, think positively and never give up :xf:

I think they said: 45 additional candidates (from AC and March interview)
"We have reviewed all applicants who were interviewed on March 20, 2010, and those previously that had an "active consideration" status. An additional of 45 candidates have been admitted from this group. "

Not that it matters..

Edit: oh actually, you might be right.
So I've been doing some calculations:
Nov interview: 55/144
Jan: 40/100
Feb: 40/100
Mar: 36/100
3 AC from Nov and Jan interviews
and then 45 AC total (Nov, Jan, Feb)
So 55+40+40+36+3+45 = 219
230 on AC currently
So 230+219 = 449
total number of interviews = 444 so the difference of 5, is prob a miscalculation

but with the numbers, it makes more sense that 45 were taken from AC so far?

Second edit: but if that is true, they have accepted OVER 190 students so far?

Third edit: but then again, if you add 55+40+40+45 = 180, which is the exact number of the entering class

(I'm just curious as to whether the 45 is from AC from the first 3 interviews, or if that's AC plus the march interview)

Last edited:
I just got taken off the waitlist today! I interviewed back in Novemeber.:laugh:

I think they said: 45 additional candidates (from AC and March interview)
"We have reviewed all applicants who were interviewed on March 20, 2010, and those previously that had an "active consideration" status. An additional of 45 candidates have been admitted from this group. "

Not that it matters..

Edit: oh actually, you might be right.
So I've been doing some calculations:
Nov interview: 55/144
Jan: 40/100
Feb: 40/100
Mar: 36/100
3 AC from Nov and Jan interviews
and then 45 AC total (Nov, Jan, Feb)
So 55+40+40+36+3+45 = 219
230 on AC currently
So 230+219 = 449
total number of interviews = 444 so the difference of 5, is prob a miscalculation

but with the numbers, it makes more sense that 45 were taken from AC so far?

Second edit: but if that is true, they have accepted OVER 190 students so far?

Third edit: but then again, if you add 55+40+40+45 = 180, which is the exact number of the entering class

(I'm just curious as to whether the 45 is from AC from the first 3 interviews, or if that's AC plus the march interview)

Class size is usually 185-190. We don't know how many people, having been accepted, have declined. That could explain the discrepancy. The number of interviews scheduled was originally 450 minus any last-minute cancellations.

So they accept over 190 so far? Does that mean that it's hard to get off the waitlist?

So they accept over 190 so far? Does that mean that it's hard to get off the waitlist?

By the numbers yes, but the same thing happened the year I got waitlisted and I was taken off the waitlist in mid-may. This was when they were doing waitlist letters by snail mail, so it happened pretty quickly. You'll notice in the last few posts you've already got 1 person decline USC and another decline waitlist because they were accepted somewhere else. It's not impossible. The hardest part this year is you don't know if you're number 2 or number 200. Hard to guess how likely it is. I was taken off waitlist before they even sent out waitlist letters so I don't know what number I would have been.

I don't know what I could do to increase my chances of acceptance. I'm not taking classes this semester. So I can't send in updated transcripts.

Any suggestions?

Besides hope and pray

I don't know what I could do to increase my chances of acceptance. I'm not taking classes this semester. So I can't send in updated transcripts.

Any suggestions?

Besides hope and pray

You might call/email and ask if another LOR or letter of intent would help. I have my doubts, but if you're grasping at straw, then it might be worth your time.