USC 2009-2010 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm going to be a Trojan! :)

I got an email from Admissions confirming my intent to enroll...what now? :confused: Are there any forms I should be getting ready? I know other schools ask for immunization records, a physical, and fingerprinting. When exactly will I have to turn these things for SC?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks! Good luck to you too.

Thanks for the info. Same time as the expression of interest form is due.

I guess we are not gonna find out until after May 22nd huh? I called and asked if the class is still full, and xin said it's still full.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess we are not gonna find out until after May 22nd huh? I called and asked if the class is still full, and xin said it's still full.

I think until after at least April 22nd. Both the Expression of Interest and the deposit for the people just accepted is due then. After that USC would have a better idea of how many people are still interested and how many have declined their offers of admission. Plus the UC schools have been sending out acceptances since we interviewed, so there is going to be a lot of movement in that time.

I wouldn't be discouraged about the class still being full, I'd expect it to be that way until after the deadline for the deposit, because only then will they know for sure who from that group is possibly staying and who is leaving.

I think until after at least April 22nd. Both the Expression of Interest and the deposit for the people just accepted is due then. After that USC would have a better idea of how many people are still interested and how many have declined their offers of admission. Plus the UC schools have been sending out acceptances since we interviewed, so there is going to be a lot of movement in that time.

I wouldn't be discouraged about the class still being full, I'd expect it to be that way until after the deadline for the deposit, because only then will they know for sure who from that group is possibly staying and who is leaving.

good point. Hmmm well one more week until the 22nd. There were only 45 people who were offered seats in the class after march interview. And most of those were for tap students too. I don't expect tap students to go elsewhere for schools. But hopefully people who have paid deposit from nov give up their seats

After we send in the deposit, when do we get things like our student portal and usc email address?

does anyone know if they send a confirmation that they received your waitlist expression of interest?

does anyone know if they send a confirmation that they received your waitlist expression of interest?

I don't think they do that, or at least I haven't received confirmation. Anyone else?

Haven't heard anything either.

Do you think they will send us some sort of confirmation after the deadline?

Members don't see this ad :)
Jim activated mine on 3/25. I received my acceptance on 3/13.

Called today to ask if they received my fax. They called back later, after digging through an apparently unorganized folder or pile, and told me that they did.

Probably not much happening soon if they haven't even alphabetized or otherwise organized the letters. :eyebrow:

Called today to ask if they received my fax. They called back later, after digging through an apparently unorganized folder or pile, and told me that they did.

Probably not much happening soon if they haven't even alphabetized or otherwise organized the letters. :eyebrow:

*Sighs*

They did have 230 on AC, how many of them stay on wait list, I have no idea. It is a large number of AC people.. I hope they get it done soon. I really want to hear good news from them. lol don't we all?

Sorry, I forgot the quote. I was referring to the USC e-mail account/portal.

Wow. I think I had Oasis early, but certainly not email. Took me forever for that. Check it often, limit of 75 MB on that thing. Probably not really important until after school starts, but that thing fills up fast. Probably better to just setup a forward to your primary email address.

So today is the last day to accept USCs offer and also waitlist. Any prediction on how long waitlist peeps will hear back from the school?

Does anyone know when we'll (march acceptances) will be receiving info for immunizations, etc.???

I know we missed a welcome reception (April). Is there going to be another one?

Does anyone know when we'll (march acceptances) will be receiving info for immunizations, etc.???

I know we missed a welcome reception (April). Is there going to be another one?

There'll be another reception in June (usually late June), provided they follow the pattern of the last 3 years.
As for immunization info, I'm not sure when you'll get it, but you might call the Eric Cohen Student Health Center, or try to log in and find out what you can now. (I included the name so you can google it, I'm feeling lazy right now.;))

There'll be another reception in June (usually late June), provided they follow the pattern of the last 3 years.
As for immunization info, I'm not sure when you'll get it, but you might call the Eric Cohen Student Health Center, or try to log in and find out what you can now. (I included the name so you can google it, I'm feeling lazy right now.;))

Thanks! :) good luck on finals!

Just out of curiosity, when is USC's white coat ceremony and when is the first day of classes? Also, what is the official tuition cost for the 2010-2011 school year? (2009 is still posted on the website)

Also, we were quite surprised to read that Western U (where my wife has officially accepted as we wait to hear back from USC) has asked her to bring her own white coat to the ceremony.

I guess we had this idea that the entering class would be presented with an embroidered white coat with their name, or at least the logo of the school, so we're a little disappointed. Does USC have a similar policy for distributing white coats?

Seriously, at $41,000+ for tuition you'd think they could include some embroidery...

Just out of curiosity, when is USC's white coat ceremony and when is the first day of classes? Also, what is the official tuition cost for the 2010-2011 school year? (2009 is still posted on the website)

Also, we were quite surprised to read that Western U (where my wife has officially accepted as we wait to hear back from USC) has asked her to bring her own white coat to the ceremony.

I guess we had this idea that the entering class would be presented with an embroidered white coat with their name, or at least the logo of the school, so we're a little disappointed. Does USC have a similar policy for distributing white coats?

Seriously, at $41,000+ for tuition you'd think they could include some embroidery...

White coat ceremony is Aug 20 and school starts aug 23rd. Dont about the purchasing a white coat.

White coat ceremony is Aug 20 and school starts aug 23rd. Dont about the purchasing a white coat.

They give you a white coat for the white coat ceremony. They usually have you fill out a card with size, etc before orientation week. (And it is embroidered with school name but not individual's name.)

I GOT IN!!! :soexcited:

Just received the packet in the mail! Interviewed in March but didn't get in right away.

Just received the packet in the mail! Interviewed in March but didn't get in right away.

Congrats!!

When was the packet postmarked? when was the letter dated? Did you send them anything? When did you send them the wait list form? like right away? or like a few days after they requested it?

Congrats!!

When was the packet postmarked? when was the letter dated? Did you send them anything? When did you send them the wait list form? like right away? or like a few days after they requested it?

Thanks!

The letter was dated 4/27 and postmarked 4/28. I didn't send them anything, I was planning on an additional LOR but this came before I could get the letter out. I mailed in the Letter of Intent within a day or two of getting it.

Also sending you a PM.

Thanks!

The letter was dated 4/27 and postmarked 4/28. I didn't send them anything, I was planning on an additional LOR but this came before I could get the letter out. I mailed in the Letter of Intent within a day or two of getting it.

Also sending you a PM.

thanx!

Farmer or anyone, do you know of any online forums dedicated solely for usc pharmacy students? For example, if i wanted to join in intramural basketball, are there any online discussions and where can I find that? Thanks.

has anyone else on the waitlist heard anything from usc?

where did it say to bring your own white coat for western? (i didn't see that indicated anywhere & has never heard of such thing for any school) i've also accepted western while waiting to hear back from USC

What!!! No way!! Congrats man.... thats AWESOME. If you don't mind, I'd love to know your stats and info as well... Thanks!

has anyone else on the waitlist heard anything from usc?

Nope! Havn't heard a damn thing.. and now Im worried crazy because now there's clear evidence of movement from the waitlist... I wonder how many other people have heard something, or should be expecting something in the mail today. :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

where did it say to bring your own white coat for western? (i didn't see that indicated anywhere & has never heard of such thing for any school) i've also accepted western while waiting to hear back from USC

You know what... I was wrong. I believe I read (or misread) instructions from a Western U white coat ceremony from years ago which said to bring your own jacket. In order to clarify, I emailed student services directly and they told me that they do in fact distribute coats to students embroidered with the school logo, and it is in fact covered under the cost of tuition. The bookstore will be printing nametags to be pinned under the logo, so if you prefer your name to be spelled one way or another, you should contact them or student services directly.

Nope! Havn't heard a damn thing.. and now Im worried crazy because now there's clear evidence of movement from the waitlist... I wonder how many other people have heard something, or should be expecting something in the mail today. :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

I wonder too... did anyone call and ask?

I haven't heard anything..

I wonder too... did anyone call and ask?

I haven't heard anything..

Tried calling a couple times... They've been out for lunch, and then also in some kind of presentation... but clearly we need some questions answered... arrowheadgirl, have you checked your mail today yet? Has anyone heard anything from ANYONE?

Tried calling a couple times... They've been out for lunch, and then also in some kind of presentation... but clearly we need some questions answered... arrowheadgirl, have you checked your mail today yet? Has anyone heard anything from ANYONE?

Yeah I have checked my mail. I only got junk mail. What about you?

do you live in Cali? Or are you out of state?

I'm currently living in San Francisco.. but any mail from USC would go to my home address in Thousand Oaks, CA. I got my mom checking it soon.. so Ill keep you posted. Chances are theres NOTHING there. :(:(:(

I'm currently living in San Francisco.. but any mail from USC would go to my home address in Thousand Oaks, CA. I got my mom checking it soon.. so Ill keep you posted. Chances are theres NOTHING there. :(:(:(

how about now? Mail yet?

Not a DAMN thing... :(:(:(

Me neither. and I already got my saturday mails.

I'm not from Cali, but i mail stuff to la all the time, and it only took 2 days. I guess i'm not getting a letter from usc soon.

Farmer or anyone, do you know of any online forums dedicated solely for usc pharmacy students? For example, if i wanted to join in intramural basketball, are there any online discussions and where can I find that? Thanks.

Not really. Our class used to have a vbulletin forum, but the administrators closed it, probably for lack of interest. Not sure if the med students know of one. I've never really had a need to talk to them. Might be worth a forum search.:shrug: