USC Acceptance and Waitlisted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Francisco

Eagle Ortho
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody out there I have just talked to John Marfield and he said this week they will be sending the response for our applications.

We should at the same time add If we have been selected elsewhere and the Universities we are gonna join:

Francisco:

Interview: Penn Dental, BU, and USC
Rejection; Penn
Pending; BU and USC

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi fransisco,
U must be kidding.
Oh my God...I am tensed now.
The day we were all waiting for this long is very near now...
lets pray...good luck

krishna

Just got the email from John Marfield, so no big deal so far, I stand a very small chance to get in, but at least I am waitlisted.

Cheeeeeeeer Up crowd its not the end... :D :D :D :D

seems to me more like getting back to the Decks and Retaking Part 1

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi fransisco,
when did u receive ur email??I haven`t received anything yet.

crossing my fingers..
good luck.

hi guys!

Anyone got acceptance from USC????

I can't believe they've started sending the results this early, I was so relaxed after finishing the interview and suddenly I feel so nervous :scared:

They might have sended already using overnight, so I guess soon a bunch of people might be pouring in their results.

Rock on Everybody

HI,

Just e mailed John and he replied back saying that my decision was made and that I should be recieving it in the mail either today or tomorrow. He said it was sent out yesterday. I gues if it was good news he would have told me on the e mail itself :( . ANyways, good luck to all waiting.

wow,
i cant believe they hav decided already...havent recieved any email or mail yet....does tht mean im not in????? :(
good luck everyone!

Hey guys,
daaaaaaamnnn they are gonna tell us already! i'm already back in pakistan so he better email me and let me know cuz the mail takes forever to get here and sometimes it donest reach here at all!!!! im' not gettin my hopes up though cuz i bombed the practical exam..if the pbl was worth anything i might have a shot:)
good luck everyone
khurram

Khurram said:
Hey guys,
daaaaaaamnnn they are gonna tell us already! i'm already back in pakistan so he better email me and let me know cuz the mail takes forever to get here and sometimes it donest reach here at all!!!! im' not gettin my hopes up though cuz i bombed the practical exam..if the pbl was worth anything i might have a shot:)
good luck everyone
khurram
Sheesh! I don't see why they don't at least, send out e-mails to everyone..how hard can that be...copy paste two documents..one for rejections and the other for an acceptance!!!

i just got my mail...im accepted!!!

good luck all of u!

Members don't see this ad :)
shaya said:

good luck all of u!
Congrats Shaya! Can you pls tell us how they informed you, E mail or snail mail (Fed ex??). Thanx and congrats once again. :thumbup:

Hi Shaya Congratulations on your acceptance!
did u get a fedex?
pearlindia.

i got it in my mail...it wasn't a fedex......no email either...good luck all of u out there!

shaya said:
i got it in my mail...it wasn't a fedex......no email either...good luck all of u out there!

great, My best wishes on your acceptance, by the way could you post your scores Shaya?, it may help create a better profile

shaya said:

good luck all of u!
Hi,
Congratulationsssssssssssss...

International

shaya said:

good luck all of u!

Hey,
Congrats to those who are accepted :thumbup: Good luck to others :luck:

hi all,
I just got my acceptance in USC. Felt so relieved...I was waiting for that since last year and finally got in to school.Guys, I realised that efforts really pay off.
There is something is written in everybody's destiny.
good luck to all

Finally after a year of reading other ppl's acceptances, I get a chance to post mine :D . Just got the good news from USC guy's! I still cannot believe it! Never thought I'd get in with all that competation. In fact just this morning I took out all my part 1 stuff and started reading the Sub mandibular region in anatomy.
Congrats to all those in and good luck to those waiting!

Hey everybody, congratulations for the good news it must be very rewarding..I am so jelous!! Hey..Could you please post your scores and visa status, just to have an idea !!
:thumbup:

Time to celebrate!

Hello to everyone!
I just got my acceptance to USC. I started working on my part1 in 2000. It has been only 5 years before I got in. Have mixing feeling. Don?t know what to say. After so many disappointments I feel very happy. Still waiting for decision from Colorado school. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :) :) :) :) :)

hi,
congratulations guys..its awesome..no more waiting..how did ur preps go..r they looking for ideal ones..let me know friends..

KOUA said:
Hello to everyone!
I just got my acceptance to USC. I started working on my part1 in 2000. It has been only 5 years before I got in. Have mixing feeling. Don?t know what to say. After so many disappointments I feel very happy. Still waiting for decision from Colorado school. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :) :) :)

Mind posting your Stats KOUA? Congrats again and good luck
:thumbup: :thumbup:

KOUA said:
part1-82
TOEFL-250
GPA-3,3

Congratulations KOUA ! I realized that my score is not too far from yours! Are you a permanent resident ?

Babyteeth

babyteeth said:
Congratulations KOUA ! I realized that my score is not too far from yours! Are you a permanent resident ?

Babyteeth

jajajaj deja de buscar ventaja y ponte a estudiar, saludos Francisco

friends,
can anyone tell me what must have been their criteria for selection???
I have 89 in part-1 and 275in toefl and I think my work was also not bad.But I cant say it was perfect.My pbl was also ok.
I didn`t hear from them till now and I lost hopes that I will hear anything now as it is too late for an acceptence.
I want ur suggestions so that I can see where am I lagging ....and improve it for next time.
good luck

krishna said:
friends,
I have 88 in part-1 and 275in toefl and I think my work was also not bad.But I cant say it was perfect.My pbl was also ok.
I didn`t hear from them till now and I lost hopes that I will hear anything now as it is too late for an acceptence.
I want ur suggestions so that I can see where am I lagging ....and improve it for next time.
good luck
well it all depends krishna, I do think there might be so many things they take care about, maybe add some research, But I have Research as well and just got waitlisted, I have Part 1 88 and Part 2 83, TOEFL 273, etc.

It all depends, so just cross your fingers you might still be lucky, send me a PM if you want

Bye

Francisco said:
jajajaj deja de buscar ventaja y ponte a estudiar, saludos Francisco

Oye Francisco, estoy estudiando, pero me alegra saber que mis esperanzas de conseguir un cupo next year, no son tan lejanas..!!!

:D :luck:

YIPPY!!!! Finally got an acceptence from atleast one school.. had been waiting from one year, kind of relieved now....
Congratulations! to all those who got in ..and
Good luck to all... dont lose hope, somewhere there is a seat for u !

krishna said:
friends,
I have 88 in part-1 and 275in toefl and I think my work was also not bad.But I cant say it was perfect.My pbl was also ok.
good luck
Hi Krishna,

Don't loose hope. Till you recieve your mail saying you got accepted/ rejected you can never say how the scales tip. I don't think that scores matter once you are called for the interview. And in my opinion the PBL had more weightage to it than the practical. Else I don't see how I would have got in. I can say there were atleast 20 people(if not more) who had better scores and did better on the practical. But then again, you never know. Anyways, don't loose hope and good luck.

hi friends,
r they sending rejections too,iam worried to death ,has anyone outside california received letters from USC..

Hello all,
I just joined.
I got an email for John Marfield.
My letter got sent yesterday. He didn't mention what the decision was.
Waiting with fingers crossed......

Hi fransisco and pinkpeanuts,
thanks a lot for ur prompt replys.

If u guys think that pbl was weighed much and then what do u think an ideal behaviour in the pbl is like???
I am asking it to rectify if I did any mistake in it,in my next chance atleast. I was cool and didn`t scream or anything like that but, the same time I didn`t keep quite totally.

Just got the letter by DHL.
I am on the alternate list.

hi ,
got rejection from usc.:(

Got accepted at USC!!Phew!!
Stats...84, G.P.A. 3.6, Toelf 280/300 Three yrs of clinical pvt practice experience in India...8 months of Dental assisting here, Certificate courses at University Of North carolina school of dentistry, some research experience.

Hope this helps..all the best to all who are waiting!

congrats to all those who got accepted in Usc. its avery good school.
do u guys know if they give importance to the group discussion?
how many of u are taking the admissionin usc? also had u guys come to ucla ucsf and uop?
i attended those schools buti did not apply to usc.
congrats once again.
for those who were rejected dont lose hope, may be someother school is in ur destiny :luck:

From the converstaion i had with john today the grp discussion most definitely carried more weight. The preps decide if you'll be in the alternate or select lists!

Hi All you who got admitted;

First all congrats. USC is a great clinical school and people are really happy here for making their decision to join USC. Very upbeat regards the exposure and interaction. Have Fun.

Wanted to share good news with you all. Finally, got an acceptance from USC :love: :love: :love: . For those who are still waiting to hear from school , please don't lose hope , have faith in GOD. I know it is very difficult to be in that waiting situation and i know the pain since I have been there till now . But please don't lose your patience and your confidence , because that's the only thing you'll need to take further steps. I pray to God that everybody gets into one or the other school.Good Luck.

ram7378 said:
Wanted to share good news with you all. Finally, got an acceptance from USC :love: :love: :love: . For those who are still waiting to hear from school , please don't lose hope , have faith in GOD. I know it is very difficult to be in that waiting situation and i know the pain since I have been there till now . But please don't lose your patience and your confidence , because that's the only thing you'll need to take further steps. I pray to God that everybody gets into one or the other school.Good Luck.

First of all my best wishes RAM, fisrt time I see you around here, were you an alternate or Accepted form the first notice, share with us your stats please, and tell us more , like if you went to other interviews and so on

Hi All :)

I would like to know when is the due date for those who got an acceptance letter ,to inform USC about their enrollement.

hi setareh

the confirmation date for USC is 17 December 2004, one has to deposit $1000.00 to confirm a seat.

:D Hey guys,
not that i think i stand much of a chance but i still havne't received my letter yet...granted in all the way back in pakistan waiting for it..john said it was mailed on the 17th of nov by DHL and it shold have been here today...so i'm gonna give it another day or two before i get in contact wiht him though...he woudl'nt etll me what the decision was..but he said to get in contact with him if i didn't get it by today...(which makes me wonder...why would he want me to get in contact with him if i was rejected??) hahahhaa...just some wishful thinking on my behalf!!!!! i'm jus trying to play detective and put together all the clues i have so far and guess what they decided!!! i know it's gonna be a failure of an attempt but somethign to keep me busy in the mean time

Francisco said:
First of all my best wishes RAM, fisrt time I see you around here, were you an alternate or Accepted form the first notice, share with us your stats please, and tell us more , like if you went to other interviews and so on

Thanks a lot Francisco.I was not on the alternate list. My stats are
Part 1 -- 88
Toefl -- 270
I went to the UOP interview as well.

congrats ram
were u on bu waitlist last year?
r u from california and and permanent resident?
is it true tht cal schools give preference to cal residents?
has any1 of u seen this trend, this year and the past years? just curious

Congrats to all of those who got into USC.........
I received my acceptance by regular mail yesterday evening!!!! :)

.....It was pretty rough when I was waiting to hear from USC...a good full 3 weeks........Apparently regular mail took like forever to reach me! :eek:
Now that I have heard from them it puts me so much at ease.

To all my fellow SDN'ers who are waiting to hear from schools...I understand what you are going through coz' I've been there and all I can tell you is - Hang in there and keep the faith..... there is light at the end of the road, keep walking........

Ann 03 said:
r u from california and and permanent resident?
is it true tht cal schools give preference to cal residents?
has any1 of u seen this trend, this year and the past years?

Hi Ann03
I am not sure if they give preference to California residents coz I'm from the east coast and I also know a couple of people who are not residents of California who got in.
But I could be wrong too......