USC - AMCAS Verified?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

watto

Sleek White Pantsuit
Reaction score
I just logged on to the USC status check and noticed that my AMCAS verification was finally received. Anyone else get the green check mark recently?

And to those of you who have received USC interviews (Scooby)...how long from the time you had the green check mark was it until you had the email for an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

whoa - that was really weird. We must've checked at exactly the same time and posted right away! Funny, I just sat down at my desk at work too!

WEIRD!
And now you posted a reply to MINE while I posted a reply to YOURS at the SAME TIME!!!
This could go on forever. It is like a Mobius strip of Student Doctor dot Net-ing!

and so on and so on and so on...

Members don't see this ad :)
Now I'm just laughing in my office! Well, maybe we'll end up at the same school to interview, and to start next year's class!

OK, well I can't post with you again - I have to get to work now - but thanks for the laughs this morning.

now that you are verified, do you guys now have 5 checks? when my amcas wasn't verified, there were 6 blanks with 5 checks and 1 red X. i think mine is now verified, but i first thought there were computer errors.

I checked last night and finally have all green check marks too.

Question for those with all green marks.. I have all but the rec letters one. How long did it take between the time your letters were sent and the green mark in that box showed up? I'm going on 7 weeks now....

Andrew

I sent my recs in a long time ago - August - so it was checked early on. On the site, it says they have a lot of recs to enter, so I think that is going slowly... I'm sure it got there, but you may want to call them and ask them how long it usually takes, just in case they're lost in the mail.

I don't know the exact dates, but I know my rec letters were sent in September and got the green check mark around a week later.

Originally posted by kutastha:
•Question for those with all green marks.. I have all but the rec letters one. How long did it take between the time your letters were sent and the green mark in that box showed up? I'm going on 7 weeks now....

Andrew•

Oh, no! :eek: I didn't want to hear that!

Dammit. They were sent from USC to USC (a mere eight miles, they probably sent it intercampus mail no doubt). I went in a few weeks ago and they said wait. Now it's two months. This is typical. Be warned anyone who comes here for med school. It's an administrative nightmare. :mad:

Andrew

Originally posted by cali79:
•I don't know the exact dates, but I know my rec letters were sent in September and got the green check mark around a week later.•

Whew! That's better!! :D

Andrew, give 'em hell! :mad:

All right. I went into the Adcom office here at USC. They told me that their techs are inputting data as we speak and should be hopefully up to date by this evening.

Andrew

Originally posted by kutastha:
•All right. I went into the Adcom office here at USC. They told me that their techs are inputting data as we speak and should be hopefully up to date by this evening.

Andrew•

YAY!!!!! Thanks, Andrew! :D