USC anyone?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Colorado_2, Apr 30, 2001.

1. Colorado_2

Colorado_2 Member

Anyone still waiting to here from USC, or heard anything recently? Is there class full?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ngoc

Ngoc Junior Member

I interviewed with USC back in early February, and was accepted in mid-March.
    I think someone else said that they send out most of their notices in early May.

4. dnt107

dnt107 Senior Member

Interviewed in late december, have not heard a word from them yet. I assume that means that I'm not rejected, but on some kind of waitlist. I have no idea otherwise.

5. chinchilla

chinchilla Member

hi... i interviewed mid-march and got an email invite from the office of admissions on friday (4/27/01) to the upcoming "new student reception"- it'll be held this friday, 5/4/01. hope this helps- if you haven't heard anything, maybe you could try calling the office? good luck!

6. Colorado_2

Colorado_2 Member

It seems as though most of the accepted students are from Cal. Maybe they're doing something different for out-of-staters?

7. Zummy

Zummy Easily intrigued. Fickle.

Resident [Any Field]
    I still haven't heard from USC. Their class must be filled if they are having that new student orientation day this week. I'm wondering if they will be sending out a bunch of rejections on the 15th! I hope not.

8. gel1

gel1 Senior Member

According to AAMC at http://www.aamc.org/stuapps/facts/famg3.htm

for USC-Keck,

61.3% of applicants are CA residents, but 83.9% of new entrants are from CA. Shows a bit of a preference I would say, unless everyone who turns them down is from out of state.

9. Sniper

Sniper Junior Member

I also have not heard from them since I interviewed 9 weeks ago (late Feb). I think we(those who have not heard) will hear something in a week...

10. Colorado_2

Colorado_2 Member

Just re-posting...Anyone heard anything yet???

11. vnacyd

vnacyd Member

I am a first year student at USC and I love it. If anyone has questions feel free to ask. Don't lose hope. I received an interview in late April, and was not accepted until a month before school started.
    Vanessa

12. Sniper

Sniper Junior Member

I finally got the negative response today...Oh well..I was expecting it anyhow