USC app fee for int. students is ridiculous

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ldm0208

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why do they require($145) us to pay the fee for an I-20 process in advance? I think it's fairer us to pay it after we get an interview invitaton or get an acceptance letter. Am I misunderstanding their admission procedure? All the other DS usually require a regular app fee around $30~80 and I-20 process is for the students who made their dicisions to enrol.

I know if that's what they want, there's nothing I can do about it... I am just stressed out by the debt's running up..

Members don't see this ad.

Why do they require($145) us to pay the fee for an I-20 process in advance? I think it's fairer us to pay it after we get an interview invitaton or get an acceptance letter. Am I misunderstanding their admission procedure? All the other DS usually require a regular app fee around $30~80 and I-20 process is for the students who made their dicisions to enrol.

I know if that's what they want, there's nothing I can do about it... I am just stressed out by the debt's running up..

Sorry to say this, but if your worried about $145, USC is not for you. COA is 98k (per year) parking pass $400 per Semester. Be happy its only $145.

Sorry to say this, but if your worried about $145, USC is not for you. COA is 98k (per year) parking pass $400 per Semester. Be happy its only $145.

You lost my point. I am talking about their app fee and admission precedure compare to other DS. If you don't know how to answer to a question, you don't need to try to say anything..I want you know though that I did not say anything bad about USC. Thanks anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am guessing it's probably because of money
(since they know everyone will pay for whatever the fee they will charge you for application)

and also i guess it is to make sure that the fund is there when you're actually getting invited to interview so there is no delay on your part? let's say you get invited and they need to have it processed but for some reason if you are not deciding to pay for the fee (for whatever the reason) it'll slow down the whole application procedures

yeah who are we kidding, it's because of money!
but think of it as an investment and feel better

i am guessing it's probably because of money
(since they know everyone will pay for whatever the fee they will charge you for application)

and also i guess it is to make sure that the fund is there when you're actually getting invited to interview so there is no delay on your part? let's say you get invited and they need to have it processed but for some reason if you are not deciding to pay for the fee (for whatever the reason) it'll slow down the whole application procedures

yeah who are we kidding, it's because of money!
but think of it as an investment and feel better

Thanks a lot lphiewok!
Yeah...let's just be positive..I already spent a couple of grands... adding about $60 to that is not a big deal at this point..:)