USC Applicants, Students, Graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone knew when they were gonna send out packets about housing...i could of sworn they told us that during our interviews. i'm pretty worried about that.

Members don't see this ad.

hey mustangrolla, how long is the train ride?? and which train system are you referring to?

yea, the consensus seems to be renting an apt near by

oo, how do you go about finding roomates?

I believe it's the Metro rail. She says that the closet station is right by the 105 fwy in norwalk. once we're dropped off at LA's union station, there's also a convenient tram that takes ppl to the USC an HSC campuses. This sounds like it will take longer to get to school but i believe it's a lot cheaper. USC offer's a discounted monthly pass for $26/month which totally beats the cost of gas per month.

Living only 20 miles from USC, i think i'm gonna crash at the parents house for the semester and either train or drive to school. This will allow me to get to know some class members b4 committing to an apt close to campus.

USC has started taking ppl off the active consideration list. I interviewed in November and just got my acceptance today. yay! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in Feb and I was placed on hold....
I was so surprised when I got my acceptance letter yesterday!

Anyways, does anyone know what's the tuition for next year?

Congrats to all that have gotten accepted!

i think someone might have asked this question before, but what are the exact dates and time for the welcome ceremony in April and June that you guys have mentioned? Where did you get this kind of information, because I was unable to locate it in the acceptance package. Thanks ahead!

I had my interview on March 17 and I got my acceptance letter today

Did anyone else get the packet with all the things you need to do before you enroll..

Wow @#$% @^& thats a lot!!!

Does anyone know how long these titers are going to take and how much they are going to cost.

For those on facebook, join the "USC School of Pharmacy c/o 2011"!
Meet fellow Trojans you'll be spending the next 4 yrs with!

Go to groups on left tab and search "USC pharmacy" :)

Got my acceptance 4/12 interviewed 3/17 Oh yeah baby! See you all in the fall.

Did anyone else get the packet with all the things you need to do before you enroll..

Wow @#$% @^& thats a lot!!!

Does anyone know how long these titers are going to take and how much they are going to cost.

The titers won't take long. Just get your blood drawn and tell the tech which titers you want to test for. It's quite a simple procedure.

I took a varicella titer for Western and that alone was ~$40. without insurance.

For current students, what are my chances of getting parking near HSC if I sign up on May 11, the first day?

If I am not able to get parking, where are other options to park? Main campus?

Thanks!

Do you mean the main campus for undergrad? Have you ever looked at google earth (I'm REALLy addicted to that), I just looked at USC's pharmacy school and undergrad campus and they are really far from each other.

Do you mean the main campus for undergrad? Have you ever looked at google earth (I'm REALLy addicted to that), I just looked at USC's pharmacy school and undergrad campus and they are really far from each other.

yep. USC health science campus is near Monterey Park whereas USC main campus is located in LA near the LA science museum (exposition park?)

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah..it is far apart. You have to go on the freeway! My friend says there is a bus shuttle that takes students from main campus to HSC. However, it only comes every 30 min.

I'm just wondering if I don't get parking near HSC, where do pharm students park?

yeah..it is far apart. You have to go on the freeway! My friend says there is a bus shuttle that takes students from main campus to HSC. However, it only comes every 30 min.

I'm just wondering if I don't get parking near HSC, where do pharm students park?
I am pretty sure that there is metered parking in the area if all else fails:oops:

When I went to SC undergrad, I worked at the HSC and took the shuttle there almost everyday. IF U DO NOT GET PARKING AT HSC I highly recommend it, as in don't ride the shuttle as a first option. It is on time, quick...like 20 mins, plus they drop you off like right in front of the pharmacy school. The bus drivers know many routes around the city. Plus there is street parking by the main campus...

...the buses also drive through Union station (train station) so there might be parking there which is really close to HSC but that might only happen on the way back to the main campus I don't remember

Hey Guys,

I just withdrew my spot from USC. I decided to go to UOP instead. So ppl on the wait list should be moving up soon :)

How is that I got accepted to every school I applied to except USC. And UCSF is more competitive than USC, so what did USC dislike?

is it appropriate to call and ask?

Congratulations to all who have been accepted already!

I was wondering if anyone, future or current student knows when USC will rank those on the waitlist. All this waiting is driving me nuts!

Thank you & good luck.

Congratulations to all who have been accepted already!

I was wondering if anyone, future or current student knows when USC will rank those on the waitlist. All this waiting is driving me nuts!

Thank you & good luck.

They said they will rank when all the responses are received so I guess we have a bit more to wait.

If you want a parking spot at the HSC you will get it. They tell you fills up fast and all that stuff but believe me, there are always enough passes.

They said they will rank when all the responses are received so I guess we have a bit more to wait.

I seem to recall the due date was May 1. I'm not sure if that means responses after that are automatically tossed, or if there is a little leeway in that date. I planned on calling ~May 11 (figured it'd give a week and a half). Unless of course I started seeing posts saying, "got an email/letter/phone call."

I just withdrew my acceptance from USC. So there's one more spot available. I think more spots will open up after May 1st.

I just withdrew my acceptance from USC. So there's one more spot available. I think more spots will open up after May 1st.

Where will you be attending pharmacy school?

i just withdrew from usc too (to attend ucsf). i hope that helps those on the waitlist! good luck!

i just withdrew from usc too (to attend ucsf). i hope that helps those on the waitlist! good luck!

did you just get off the waitlist at ucsf or were you accepted but has just decided to go to ucsf. I am asking becasue I am waitlisted at ucsf and am wondering if you got off the waitlist hoping of course that i would get off the waitlist soon too :D .

i was accepted straight out so i'm sorry that's not gonna help you much. i got into usc first and put down the deposit but when i heard from sf, i put the deposit down too and i just made a decision a couple days ago to go to sf.

good luck with the waitlist though!

i was accepted straight out so i'm sorry that's not gonna help you much. i got into usc first and put down the deposit but when i heard from sf, i put the deposit down too and i just made a decision a couple days ago to go to sf.

good luck with the waitlist though!

thanks

I submitted my fin. aid documents on March 27th but they are STILL listed as missing. So i called today to see what was going on and the financial aid advisor told me that they are currently working on updating those documents that arrived in mid April, so she thinks my documents were never recieved and I should re-send them.

So I faxed them in today (cost me 27.50 dollars). Should I re-fax them again on Thursday just to make sure. My tax forms are listed as missing and I mailed them in with my parents tax forms back in march, I'm thinkign maybe they didn't see them because I placed them after my parents tax forms which are 13 pages long. It would only cost me like 5 bucks because I will only fax my own forms, not my parents.

SO FRUSTRATED and paranoid!! :thumbdown:

Does anybody know how USC housing works? i'm stuck on the 5th step of the application process...

Polarbear, if it makes you feel better, go ahead and refax. Be sure to attach cover and end letters along with your USC Student ID#. :)

AznGTOi3oi, you have to fill out a profile first and then there will be an application you fill out. I don't remember what step it is, but after you have filled out everything, just wait. :D I read in the PDF brochure that graduate housing offers will be made late May.

USC's PharmD students: how appealing is the financial aid package at USC? Is it just the standard $11000 (subsidized + unsubsidized) and the rest must come from private loans? :thumbdown: I know USC gives a lot of grants and scholarships to their undergrads. I just wish they would do the same for their professional students as well.

USC's PharmD students: how appealing is the financial aid package at USC? Is it just the standard $11000 (subsidized + unsubsidized) and the rest must come from private loans? :thumbdown: I know USC gives a lot of grants and scholarships to their undergrads. I just wish they would do the same for their professional students as well.

As far as I know, most students get the same standard financial aid package. This year, it was basically 22,500 (Unsubsidized Stafford), 8,500 (Subsidized Stafford), and 1000 (Federal Perkins). That amount, $31,100, barely covers tuition (tuition is about 32k, give or take a little).

Now that doesn't cover living expenses whatsoever. Some students take out additional private loans or qualify for disadvantaged loans (not too sure how to qualify for those) to cover their expenses. Other students work to pay for their expenses. If you go that route, I would suggest finding a place that pays interns a little more, for example Kaiser.

I haven't really heard many students complain about not being able to afford tuition/expenses because there are so many loans that you can get to help you out. I personally wouldn't worry too much about the loans, you'll get what you need.

for those of you that got accepted, could you please post your stats either here or private. I emailed USC to find out what my weaknesses were, but all they said was that they had 600 people interviewed. That still doesn't say anything.

hey guys just leeting you know that waitlists have been sent out. they were dated may 2, so eveyone waiting for the list should hear soon. my "approxiamte" rank is 25/80. good luck to everyone waiting to hear.

Polarbear, if it makes you feel better, go ahead and refax. Be sure to attach cover and end letters along with your USC Student ID#. :)

AznGTOi3oi, you have to fill out a profile first and then there will be an application you fill out. I don't remember what step it is, but after you have filled out everything, just wait. :D I read in the PDF brochure that graduate housing offers will be made late May.

hey guys just leeting you know that waitlists have been sent out. they were dated may 2, so eveyone waiting for the list should hear soon. my "approxiamte" rank is 25/80. good luck to everyone waiting to hear.

I guess I'll get mine tomorrow or Sunday then. (no mail here on Saturday)

Hi, everyone, I just got my wailist number too. It's kinda borderline, in the middle range. It's out of 80. Does anyone know that if the number we got is the result of the spots that have just been filled after those who withdraw from April 12 to May 1? OR they will start pulling from the waitlist to fill up the spots of those who withdraw? Hopefully the latter is the case. GOOD Luck to everybody.

Hi, everyone, I just got my wailist number too. It's kinda borderline, in the middle range. It's out of 80. Does anyone know that if the number we got is the result of the spots that have just been filled after those who withdraw from April 12 to May 1? OR they will start pulling from the waitlist to fill up the spots of those who withdraw? Hopefully the latter is the case. GOOD Luck to everybody.

Since they accept more than they actually plan to enroll I don't know how many people have to drop before waitlisters get picked. Didnt Jim say they accept like 40 more people than their intended class size (220 acceptances for 180-190 seats or something)?

sorry, but i think it's the first case, cause my friend was also placed on waitlist and she sent in her letter of intent stuff too, and she got her acceptance today. Hopefully we will get in by August. Our positions are not final, so it can change according to our updated transcripts so we just need to do our best. gluck KrescentRX.

OMG, I forgot about the waitlist for a while, Now that you tell me it's been sent out, I'm all excited now :) ....I'm just too scared to look into the mailbox....:laugh:

hey..i got the waitlist mail from SC...i'm # 44. wht r my chances of getting in????

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but does anyone know of any good places to work out near USC HSC/San Gabriel Valley?

I'll be living in an apartment in Monterey Park close to the 10 FW. I have a membership to 24 Hour Fitness but I found out that the closest one to where I live is in Pasadena or Downtown LA (both distances ~20 minute drives!)

Does USC HSC have their own workout facility? Or does anyone know of any good places near my area? Thanks in advance!

Can any of the applicants post stats and if rejected or admitted so I can get an idea of what stats are good enough for USC RX are now?

Hi i just have a question about USC parking, they mentioned that we need to reserve a spot for parking near the parking structure at the pharmacy school during may 11, i was wondering do we purchase or reserve the spot online or do we have to go to the school to get it... i'm a little confused, and one more thing is does anybody know if the parking permit will allow us to park at certain areas in the main campus? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.