USC bacc/md vs Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

babel410

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I understand that most everyone here is almost done with their undergrad and applying to med school...
but I'm a high school senior and I got into the USC's ba/md program and Johns Hopkins and I was wondering if you have any suggestions on which is the better decision

Members don't see this ad.

Do USC's program unless you're confident that you can do well at Johns Hopkins (which can be tough- trust me, I know). But having a guaranteed acceptance AND being able to save a year in becoming a doctor would be appealing to me as well... so I'd do USC.

USC. Hopkins undergrad isn't that special like its med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
USC program like the above said

I know smart kids that went to JHU undergrad and didn't get into any medical schools. Its tough.

JHU is hard. USC is easier. JHU has better rep but what good is rep if you come out with a 3.2 and waste years in post bacc.

And I'm a pretty decent example of that. ;)

Although, I'll be "wasting" a year at that getting a 4.0/4.0 at Penn's post-bac. If you do go to JHU, don't do biomedical engineering like I did. It was really interesting but it probably wasn't as easy to pull A's in BME compared to Biology or Biochem majors.

definitely USC, no brainer. in addition to everything said above JHU undergrad isn't even that much better than USC undergrad.