Quantcast

USC bacc/md vs Johns Hopkins

Clinical Shadowing Summer '22 Programs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

babel410

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I understand that most everyone here is almost done with their undergrad and applying to med school...
but I'm a high school senior and I got into the USC's ba/md program and Johns Hopkins and I was wondering if you have any suggestions on which is the better decision

RoadRunner17

Fleet of feet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do USC's program unless you're confident that you can do well at Johns Hopkins (which can be tough- trust me, I know). But having a guaranteed acceptance AND being able to save a year in becoming a doctor would be appealing to me as well... so I'd do USC.

pntgrd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
USC. Hopkins undergrad isn't that special like its med school.

scrubswannabe

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
USC program like the above said

I know smart kids that went to JHU undergrad and didn't get into any medical schools. Its tough.

vicinihil

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
JHU is hard. USC is easier. JHU has better rep but what good is rep if you come out with a 3.2 and waste years in post bacc.

RoadRunner17

Fleet of feet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
JHU is hard. USC is easier. JHU has better rep but what good is rep if you come out with a 3.2 and waste years in post bacc.

And I'm a pretty decent example of that. ;)

Although, I'll be "wasting" a year at that getting a 4.0/4.0 at Penn's post-bac. If you do go to JHU, don't do biomedical engineering like I did. It was really interesting but it probably wasn't as easy to pull A's in BME compared to Biology or Biochem majors.

ronaldo23

The Truth
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
definitely USC, no brainer. in addition to everything said above JHU undergrad isn't even that much better than USC undergrad.