Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

USC biochem requirement

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by zsarnat, Jan 11, 2002.

1. zsarnat

zsarnat Junior Member

I know that USC has both a biochem and mol bio requirement prior to matriculation. As a post-bac, I have not yet taken these courses. I haven't heard any news from USC yet, and don't know if I should buckle down and spend this semester taking these classes, or press USC on my status. What do I do?

2. ccryder

ccryder Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't know how strict USC is on the Biochem/Mol Bio requirement. Have you asked them if they consider applicants who have not completed the requirement based on the assumption that they will complete them before matriculation?

3. BlueDevil7

BlueDevil7 Member
    7+ Year Member

I know that for Biochem, you are still allowed to apply to USC if you haven't taken it yet. They do require it though before you enter so for a bunch of people that means taking it the summer beforehand. :( I never took Biochem as an undergrad so that's another reason I probably wouldn't choose USC.

4. EpiII

EpiII Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Well, I called USC two or three times to see if they would try to coordinate any potential interview with my other two trips to LA and they would not. So, I doubt any 'pressuring' you might try would do any good. If you want to keep your chances alive, it sounds like you need to take those courses.