USC Class of 2009

About the Ads

tatadds

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2003
California
    Congrats to all those accepted to USC class of 2009. For those of you who will choose USC..its a great choice and an amazing program. If you are open minded and willing to give PBL a shot..I almost guarantee you will love it. Ive been there for 6 months now and am sooooo happy that I chose USC over many other schools. The people are fantastic and the program teaches you a great deal of information while also allowing you have a life with tons of time to relax and enjoy school..This is of course a first years perspective..It gets quite a bit more difficult as an upper classman..or so I hear. Goodluck to all and hope to meet some of you in the fall.

LSN

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Jun 4, 2004
      Johnson22, you got in!?!?!?! YAY!!! Congratulations, I'm glad to hear you got accepted to your top choice. I remember you telling me that you really wanted to get accepted to USC! Its funny because for all us that are attending so far, USC is our first choice! :D We already have the Trojan spirit! So, where is everyone from? I'm from sunny California, and SO glad to be staying here for the next 4 years! :D

Johnson22

johnsons22
      10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Jul 20, 2004
      CA
        Tatadds: do we need to have a computer? I have noticed that most dental schools require laptops in their curriculum, but based on the PBL I'm sure things at USC are much different. If we need a computer are there any that you recommend? Thanks!

NVDental

DS4
        5+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Mar 29, 2004
        1. Dental Student
          Johnson22 said:
          Tatadds: do we need to have a computer? I have noticed that most dental schools require laptops in their curriculum, but based on the PBL I'm sure things at USC are much different. If we need a computer are there any that you recommend? Thanks!

I would say that probably 95% my classmates have laptops (myself included). You could get by without a computer, but it would be a hassle. Since there are no required texts, I usually utilize the online texts and journals that are available through USC. When we develop out learning needs, we email them to each other. Plus if you have financial aid loans, you can get a 1 time increase in your loan money to purchase a computer and equipment.

tatadds

7+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Oct 31, 2003
          California
            Johnson22 said:

You dont need to have one..but It makes your life a lot easier to have one. What NVdental said is exactly right. As you guys saw on your interviews, its all case based and the way you study is through your group members learning needs. To save lots of paper and ink, the laptop is worth it becasue instead of printing out 80 pages a night you just take your laptop with you and study off it. I would definetly advise you to get a laptop. I have an HP zt3000 and love it..nice and thin and light yet it is also a widescreen. very happy with it. Of course you can go the Dell way too. you can never go wrong with a dell. I chose mine becasue I think the hp looks alot sleeker and it is lighter, which is very helpful when taking it with me to school everyday. hope this helped

Fullosseousflap

Wet-Gloved Dentist
            10+ Year Member
            7+ Year Member
              tatadds said:
              You dont need to have one..but It makes your life a lot easier to have one. What NVdental said is exactly right. As you guys saw on your interviews, its all case based and the way you study is through your group members learning needs. To save lots of paper and ink, the laptop is worth it becasue instead of printing out 80 pages a night you just take your laptop with you and study off it. I would definetly advise you to get a laptop. I have an HP zt3000 and love it..nice and thin and light yet it is also a widescreen. very happy with it. Of course you can go the Dell way too. you can never go wrong with a dell. I chose mine becasue I think the hp looks alot sleeker and it is lighter, which is very helpful when taking it with me to school everyday. hope this helped

The Laptop will definitely help! The library work stations get a bit crowded after 8:30 AM.

Also, USC has WIfi all over campus....especially nice on a beautiful Spring day.

Check out the USCSD Wilson Library site too...great stuff there.

The link is here.

About the Ads

lake04

5+ Year Member
              15+ Year Member
              Apr 11, 2004
                To all you USC Class of 2009 students...congrats!

I was wondering if anyone knew whether the class is filled and where in the application process it stands (interview for alternate spots)?

About the Ads
                About the Ads

Cornball714

10+ Year Member
                5+ Year Member
                May 11, 2004
                  I'm glad to hear this post is up and running again. I'm really stoked to meet alot of you guys come fall. SC was top choice so I'm definately excited. As for the housing, thats still up in the air...still waiting on a friend of mine to hear back from his interview. Does anyone know how the process works if you want to look for roomates. I only one other person from my school going to SC and hes living at home so does the school have a matching system?

ToothTweaker

10+ Year Member
                  Mar 31, 2005
                  Bay Area
                    Cornball714 said:
                    I'm glad to hear this post is up and running again. I'm really stoked to meet alot of you guys come fall. SC was top choice so I'm definately excited. As for the housing, thats still up in the air...still waiting on a friend of mine to hear back from his interview. Does anyone know how the process works if you want to look for roomates. I only one other person from my school going to SC and hes living at home so does the school have a matching system?

This site is supposed to have roommate matching info:

http://www.housing4students.com/colleges/usc/index.html

hope it helps :)

blumnday99

15+ Year Member
                    Mar 3, 2004
                      Cornball714 said:

I talked to my friend who's a 4th year dental student and she said that they mail you a packet where you can fill out what kind of roommate you're looking for and then they put all of the forms that everyone filled out together and send a copy to all the students with the contact information.

Mark

KNOU4rmCA

10+ Year Member
                      5+ Year Member
                      May 26, 2004
                      California
                        So when is everyone planning to look for apartments? I've been searching through rent.com, apartment.com, etc. but some seem too good to be true...would cheap $$ = dirty ghetto hole in the wall? Perhaps the best way is to spend a weekend physically searching. What are everyone's plans regarding this matter?

Hey Johnson22, I'll see you for sure at SC. I'm not on aim as much anymore because I don't have easy internet access where I'm currently at, but maybe I'll catch you someday.

Have anyone received their informational packet yet? I'm not going to be home for until May and was wondering if there is any important information that I need to know about or can it wait until I return? Thanks!!

blumnday99

15+ Year Member
                        Mar 3, 2004
                          KNOU4rmCA said:
                          So when is everyone planning to look for apartments? I've been searching through rent.com, apartment.com, etc. but some seem too good to be true...would cheap $$ = dirty ghetto hole in the wall? Perhaps the best way is to spend a weekend physically searching. What are everyone's plans regarding this matter?

Hey Johnson22, I'll see you for sure at SC. I'm not on aim as much anymore because I don't have easy internet access where I'm currently at, but maybe I'll catch you someday.

Have anyone received their informational packet yet? I'm not going to be home for until May and was wondering if there is any important information that I need to know about or can it wait until I return? Thanks!!

I think the only thing we're supposed to have received is some financial aid forms. I never received them so I had to call the financial aid office and have them e-mail it to me.

penguinteeth

10+ Year Member
                          5+ Year Member
                          Mar 29, 2005
                            Yep here is another bruin going to be trojan.

So this years football game? heheh winning team is my team

Go brojans. (bruin + trojan)

hehehe

Anyway, USC was my second choice but my first choice(UCLA) rejected me.

Good grief.

But guys USC facility is much much better (only reason for UCLA? it's cheap)

Heheh.

jonnytight

10+ Year Member
                            7+ Year Member
                            Nov 8, 2004
                            1. Resident [Any Field]
                              LSN, yah its looks like in going to SC for fall. I recently visited LLU again (my other acceptance) and Im pretty much set on USC. I want to visit the school again just to make sure I like what I see.

Im not sure PBL is for me, thats why there is still doubt about going to USC.

LSN said:
                              Jonny-
                              Have you decided where you are going?

jonnytight

10+ Year Member
                              7+ Year Member
                              Nov 8, 2004
                              1. Resident [Any Field]
                                Brojan!!!! thats soo freakin funny....yah add me to that list. Im a "brojan"

penguinteeth said:
                                Yep here is another bruin going to be trojan.

So this years football game? heheh winning team is my team

Go brojans. (bruin + trojan)

hehehe

Anyway, USC was my second choice but my first choice(UCLA) rejected me.

Good grief.

But guys USC facility is much much better (only reason for UCLA? it's cheap)

Heheh.

About the Ads
                                This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                7. This thread is locked.