USC: in what order are they reviewing apps?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Sabrina

does anybody know in what order USC is reviewing apps? i've heard that they review them in the order in which they are completed by the applicants. if that is true, should i be worried that other ppl who completed their secondaries after me are hearing from sc before me?

Members don't see this ad.

I do not know for sure, but I do not think they are reviewing them in the order in which they are received for the very same reason you are concerned. I finished my secondary from them back in November I believe and I have not heard one way or the other regarding an interview.

I don't know what their deal is, but they are making me crazy. I have been complete since mid-Sept and still haven't heard a word. I need to get down to So Cal pretty bad, so I would like to hear from them. I am afraid that I have been put on another pre-interview Hold (my 3rd one!) without them telling me. Damn it. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
if anybody out there has an interview with sc, would you mind posting your stats so that i have an idea if i have a chance? thanks

I got an interview at USC about 3 weeks after I submitted my secondary. I also turned in my secondary kind of late (late November), so hopefully that means that they thought highly of me. Ironically, I thought that my answers to their questions were not very good at all.

Having said that, my GPA = 3.66, MCAT 34Q. I'd say that I'm "average" in everything else. If it matters, I live about 5-6 miles away from USC Med.

About what I originally wrote, does anyone know if getting an interview earlier means anything at all? I mean, are they quicker handing out interviews to applicants they're seriously interested in?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by WaitingImpatiently:
•Having said that, my GPA = 3.66, MCAT 34Q. I'd say that I'm "average" in everything else. If it matters, I live about 5-6 miles away from USC Med.•••••Not only do I live 6 miles from Keck, I go to school there and haven't heard a thing since October.

Andrew

yeah, usc is hecka slow.

but i turned in my secondary late too... i turned it in november, i got interview request in january (i withdrew tho), stats: 3.9/37/berkeley

good luck all

Speaking of the subject, I just got the interview request today. My secondary was complete the second day possible. I think they might have had my letters of rec before that. So I doubt they are going in order that they are complete.
My stats are kind of interesting. 37 MCAT, 3.3 undergrad GPA, 3.7 Grad GPA, real good life story and real good EC's.

I think I turned in my USC secondary the day it was due in December. I got invited for an interview about 3 weeks later. They were one of the few schools that actually seemed interested in me, with such a quick response. I thought that was kind of weird too since their questions all focused on my weakest areas, so my answers pretty much sucked. My stats are 3.9/37Q. Hope you guys hear from them soon.

SC doesn't have a rolling admission system.... Based on the posts here, I assume they screen based on the numbers(GPA and MCAT) and grant interviews. Since they send the secondaries to all applicants, it's impossible to read all the essays, right? Dude...........thinking about all the effort I put into the essays to make up for my low numbers-->I think I'm gonna get an ulcer! Darn it!! Let me hear from SC!!! :mad:
By the way, any rejections fom SC yet? :confused: