USC incoming MS1s... has your big sib called you yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WaitingImpatiently

Long Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called the Student Affairs Office last week to ask about the BBQ, and Rena(?) told me that our MS2 big sibs would call us to give us details and the like. Well, the event is 2 days away, and still no phone call... :( Am I alone here? Because I certainly don't want to be alone on Wed.

Members don't see this ad.

You're not alone. No word here either.

i haven't gotten a call either... i'm debating whether or not i should stay in town and spend some time with my friends before school starts. with the event being 2 days away, i have no clue what's going on with the big sib thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by superdood68
i haven't gotten a call either... i'm debating whether or not i should stay in town and spend some time with my friends before school starts. with the event being 2 days away, i have no clue what's going on with the big sib thing.

i was under the impression that most of the big/little sib programs in all the schools start with orientation...:)

so if school hasn't started, then it isn't a big deal....mine won't start until august 28th...

so there is still some time left no? why did USC already start?

anyway, just wanted to wish you guys a great MS1 year!!! can you believe it! we are all going to be doctors :clap:

Originally posted by WatchaMaCallit

i was under the impression that most of the big/little sib programs in all the schools start with orientation...:)

so if school hasn't started, then it isn't a big deal....mine won't start until august 28th...

so there is still some time left no? why did USC already start?

anyway, just wanted to wish you guys a great MS1 year!!! can you believe it! we are all going to be doctors :clap:

We (the MSIIs at SC) started today.

Originally posted by SCIronMike

We (the MSIIs at SC) started today.

Not only that but the Big Sib / Little Sib thing was being a bit over-thought by our fearless leaders, and they haven't matched everyone up yet.

like mike said.. we get the names tomorrow.. see you all at the bbq.. for you it's a chance to get to know each other and meet us 2nd years.. for us.. it's a free lunch :D

Thanks for the info.

Anyway, how long does the BBQ last? I hear that it begins at noon, so what time can I expect to take off? I'd love to stick around to meet some fellow MS1ers, but I might have to meet somebody in the afternoon.

Originally posted by WaitingImpatiently
Thanks for the info.

Anyway, how long does the BBQ last? I hear that it begins at noon, so what time can I expect to take off? I'd love to stick around to meet some fellow MS1ers, but I might have to meet somebody in the afternoon.

Last year it just lasted about 2-3 hours. I don't know how long it'll last this year.

don't forget me!

TROJANS RULE

dodgerdog is the bomb

anyone whose last name starts and ends w/ H is cool.

yes dodger dogs rule. and yes, people who have last names beginning in H are cool.. esp if the name ends in h and has an u and an o in the middle.