usc interview oct 21st (downtown to usc, taxi?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reensmiles

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have an interview lined up at USC next weekend and am not sure how to get there from the downtown hotel i'll be staying at (priceline rocks :) !). would it be feasible to take a taxi? is there a better way to go? about how much would it cost? thanks much!

Members don't see this ad.

reensmiles said:
i have an interview lined up at USC next weekend and am not sure how to get there from the downtown hotel i'll be staying at (priceline rocks :) !). would it be feasible to take a taxi? is there a better way to go? about how much would it cost? thanks much!

Taxi would be best! Since the drivers will know how to deal with SoCal Drivers :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Unless you want to drive with some of the WORST DRIVERS EVER. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Bus will be scary, since USC is in the gettho.

Good luck with the interview

thanks for the reply :p i haven't posted much on this forum, mostly 'cause i'm still learning and there seems to be such good questions and answers already here. but i'll be back after my interview with a fresh perspective if anyone has questions.

u guys are so great :) !

Members don't see this ad :)
reensmiles said:

yes, taxi would be the best mode of transportation from downtown LA. make sure you tell the taxi driver to enter through the McClintock Ave/Jefferson Blvd entrance, which is closest to the dental school. there aren't many entrances to USC because it's heavily fortified.

I always hear people say that "USC is in the ghetto" or that it is in a "really bad area." I don't agree with that. Maybe people who grew up in gated community suburbs might see that, but the area isn't that bad. I've never had any problems going there. Yes, the housing is of a lower income bracket, and there is some graffiti, but USC is right next to Exposition Park, one of LA's most popular museum centers. Students walk around there all the time no problem. If you wanna talk about BAD areas, go to Compton, Watts, or the west side of Long Beach. The area USC is in is nothing like those places.

eapleitez said:
I always hear people say that "USC is in the ghetto" or that it is in a "really bad area." I don't agree with that. Maybe people who grew up in gated community suburbs might see that, but the area isn't that bad. I've never had any problems going there. Yes, the housing is of a lower income bracket, and there is some graffiti, but USC is right next to Exposition Park, one of LA's most popular museum centers. Students walk around there all the time no problem. If you wanna talk about BAD areas, go to Compton, Watts, or the west side of Long Beach. The area USC is in is nothing like those places.

I know it really isn't that bad, compared to the other areas you mentioned. But I think the reason everybody says it in the "Ghetto" is b/c they compare it to UCLA, Which is in Brentwood, which is like 100X better then the USC Area.

714guy said:
I know it really isn't that bad, compared to the other areas you mentioned. But I think the reason everybody says it in the "Ghetto" is b/c they compare it to UCLA, Which is in Brentwood, which is like 100X better then the USC Area.

714guy is correct about the comparison, but a correction. UCLA is located in the Westwood Village section of LA, just east of Brentwood, south of Bel Air and west of Beverly Hills.

usc is not that bad it grows on you, and its easy to get to school just take the 110 to adams and go all the way down figeruoa go right on jefferson and left on mcclintock. and the dental school is right on the corner. the campus is amazing a hell of a lot better than the health science campus where the med school is at.