USC interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nray

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know on the website that USC is interviewing through April, and will notify people by early March if you haven't heard. Does anyone know USC's process? I am assuming they have already granted a majority of their interviews, but does anyone know the status of their class (filled vs not filled) and if they have het to accept a majority of people? I am really hoping that I will get an interview there soon, but its getting pretty late considering March is this week.

Members don't see this ad.

yes, if anyone who knows what's going on inside the admissions committee please let us know.

Members don't see this ad :)
USC is "non-rolling" for the most part so I doubt they've filled their class yet...although they have sent out a few acceptances. They should be interviewing through March and AAMC guidelines require them to have their class filled by March 15th. Given that, I would assume a lot of movement within the next couple of weeks (for those already interviewed, at least). I would make an educated guess that you're down to a two week interview notification window by this point. Hope this helps.

I called them and they said all decisions would be made by early March. They also said that they will be interviewing until April. So, all post interview rejections, post interview rejections, holds and acceptances will be made soon. I have a feeling that they are going to decide which applicant falls into which category by early March and then there will probably the last batch of applicants that are offered interviews, which will last up until April.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by altaskier:
•I called them and they said all decisions would be made by early March. They also said that they will be interviewing until April. So, all post interview rejections, post interview rejections, holds and acceptances will be made soon. I have a feeling that they are going to decide which applicant falls into which category by early March and then there will probably the last batch of applicants that are offered interviews, which will last up until April.•••••How does that work? How can the school fill the class by March 15 if there are interviews through April? Does that mean that they hand out 164 (or whatever number) acceptances by March 15, or that they get 164 *commitments* by that date? If the latter, then there's no point in interviewing in April.

No...they don't have to be "commitments". The school just has to extend a number of acceptances equal to their class size.

Also, schools interview through April for waitlist spots. Generally, if you interview any later than March you are most likely interviewing for a spot on the waitlist. Of course the school can still extend you an acceptance, but if they've filled their class by March 15 (most do) then you'll have to wait till May to get your spot. Kinda sucks, but that's the way it works. Take care...Oh btw, Hi Jalbrekt's Mom!

I called the admissions office today, and the person on the phone confirmed that-- they need about 160 by March 15. I then asked how many they'd already taken, and she said about 100.

So, about 60+/-10 over the next 2 weeks... hopefully I'm in there.

anyone have any idea how many acceptances USC offers to fill the class? I'm interviewing thier this month, but after that March 15th day. I really don't like the idea of interviewing for a waitlist spot.

the weird thing is I recieved their interview invitation back in late Jan, but for whatever reason the only dates available weren't until after the 15th of March while I've seen others get invitations after but noted they scheduled for early March. its all good. good luck to those that already interviewed.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by jmejia1:
•anyone have any idea how many acceptances USC offers to fill the class? I'm interviewing thier this month, but after that March 15th day. I really don't like the idea of interviewing for a waitlist spot.

the weird thing is I recieved their interview invitation back in late Jan, but for whatever reason the only dates available weren't until after the 15th of March while I've seen others get invitations after but noted they scheduled for early March. its all good. good luck to those that already interviewed.•••••jmejia

USNews says that out of 500 interviewed 2 years ago (last year?), 334 were accepted for a class of about 160-165. That's a damn high number, though I don't know how many were out of state, how many from CA, etc.

Good luck in your interview.