USC/KECK ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

altaskier

Altaholics Anonymous 92'
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, anybody heard from USC? I don't know what's goin on with my app there. All the website says is that I'm complete. How long did it take you all? Has anyone interviewed there? How was it like? Who was your interviewer?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i am in the same boat. I think all med schools will actively start looking at our apps after these holidays :)

Happy New Year btw

Yeah I haven't heard anything either...I figured it was because I am out of state but I maybe not :) Weird if they haven't done anything yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
Aisha, just wondering, what undergrad did you go to?

I'm a CA resident and haven't heard anything either.

I got the interview invite about 6 weeks after completing my app. (interviewed middle October)and got the acceptance letter mid. December. I think they started interviewing in September and will do so up through March. They told me that there was a handful of people they extended early acceptances to (about 14, I think)and that the rest of their decisions will be made in April once everyone has interviewed. Hope this helps, and best of luck. Take care.

I am also a CA resident, April MCAT, 4 other interview invites in CA and have been complete at USC for at least 2 months if not more and I have not heard a peep from them.

I actually have called them twice to specifically see if I could coordinate interviews with other LA schools (if they want to interview me), but no such luck.

I wonder if the folks who heard early were from the EDP or MSTP or some other special program since they constantly tell us on the phone that they are not on rolling admissions.

I applied normal cycle and already got in...so they're not exactly non-rolling as they have made a few exceptions (I think the lady told me 14, but it was no more than 20). This number includes EDP.

I am waiting on USC, too. I sent in my secondary on September 9 and my status page shows green checks on all sections. I've tried phoning, but they just say that they'll email me when a decision is made. Is this true that they don't make their acceptance decisions until April?

Hi Darwin,
Congraduations for your acceptance by USC. Actually, I am thinking to go to LA area med school and USC is one of my targets (I am still prepare premed courses now). In this way, would you mind to tell me some of your background, like GPA, MCAT, volunteer or do you go to graduate or post-bachellor?
You do not have to reply if you think it is private, but I still appreciate you share your situation. ;)

I interviewed there early November and have heard no word. Originally, I was under the impression that they weren't rolling and send out acceptances in April but when I called to ask, the admissions officer said that in fact, they started sending out acceptances in the fall. I think I'll go with Darwin's theory--if only to convince myself that it's no big deal that I haven't heard yet. Question, since USC is a private institution does state of residency make a difference?

Hi, I heard from USC in about two months time. They say they are non-rolling admissions but I personally know two people who have gotten in and they were neither EDP or MSTP. Just regular MD applicants. Hope this clears stuff up.

Best of luck