USC March 17 interview people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone know how many ppl did they pull off the waitlist last yr? do they even pull anyone off..?itll take a miracle for me to get in now..

Members don't see this ad.

anyone know how many ppl did they pull off the waitlist last yr? do they even pull anyone off..?itll take a miracle for me to get in now..

the class will be 185-190 people.

he said the school will accept 250 students to fill that many spots (so i think those include the waitlists so possibly 60 people??)

I am so excited I am returning to my alma matar to continue my schooling... yes!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
got my letter today... waitlisted for the second time applying. got tired of waiting so i withdrew my apps :) going to loma linda anyway. so one more spot opened on the waitlist! good luck to everyone.

I have been offered to be on the waitlist =(. So if I already accepted UOP, can I still accept to be waitlisted at USC?

Oh, also, do you guys know if I can accept the loans at UOP now? If in case later on I get to go to USC, can I transfer the loans? Thanks!

For those on facebook, join the "USC School of Pharmacy c/o 2011"!
Meet fellow Trojans you'll be spending the next 4 yrs with!

Go to groups on left tab and search "USC pharmacy" :)

i think i'm leaning towards turning down USC's offer so there could be one more spot for the people on the waitlist. good luck to you guys on the waitlist :thumbup:

please help me with this question: so is it okay to be on an official waiting list when I already accepted another school? Do they care? Can I accept the loans first at that school? Thanks!

please help me with this question: so is it okay to be on an official waiting list when I already accepted another school? Do they care? Can I accept the loans first at that school? Thanks!

At the interview they said you can only be accepted to one school at a time. Since waitlist is not official acceptance, yes you can be on the waitlist until they decide to accept you. Then you have to make a choice.

Ok say I got my letter and I wasn't accepted, but it doesn't say what status I have. I'm assuming active consideration, but it came with a letter "Expression of Interest for Fall 2007 entering class". Does everyone on active consideration get this letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok say I got my letter and I wasn't accepted, but it doesn't say what status I have. I'm assuming active consideration, but it came with a letter "Expression of Interest for Fall 2007 entering class". Does everyone on active consideration get this letter?

I got the same "expression of interest for Fall 2007" from midwestern. then a couple of months later, they sent another letter saying I was rejected.

that means if u return it, then u r interested to be on the official waiting list

that means if u return it, then u r interested to be on the official waiting list

I knew that.:rolleyes: Perhaps I should have worded the question better. Since no one is being "actively considered" anymore was everyone on the active consideration list sent this letter. Basically being converted to passive waitlist instead of active consideration.

Yeah Yeah I was trying to say that I was on active consideration and got that letter.:p

I just got my rejection letter in the mail.

I interviewed in February.

Sadness. :( +pity+

Best regards for those of you who didn't get accepted don't give up! Especially if your waitlisted b/c USC accepts many off of their active consideration list. I remember the two students who spoke to our group they said they didn't hear 'til late July of there acceptance. Plus you can always reapply next cycle! Cheer UP:cool:

I was at school all week, just got home on Sat and opened my mailbox and saw a yellow envelope!! I am so happy that i want to cry!

btw,I interviewed on March 17th

I was gone for my touro interview, just got back. received the letter from usc. Waitlisted for 2 years in a row now:(

i interviewed during the march 17 interview too, and got my active consideration or waitlist letter on thursday(4/12). i had a question about the expression of intent paper. On the form you need to check the statements that pertain to you. the first one says "I believe that i have completed all of my prepharmacy courses." Does that mean i have finished them or will finish them by the time classes start in august, cause i finish phisiology in may and don't know if i check that one or not. Well, congrats to everyone who got accepted.

My good friend that I made this year..got accepted the day school started..haha!So there is still hope..USC wants all the seats filled, which equals more money.

Do they send an "expression of intent" to everyone who didn't get accepted? Or do they actually reject some people and give the "expression of intent" to some? Anybody know? Thanks much...:)

Do they send an "expression of intent" to everyone who didn't get accepted? Or do they actually reject some people and give the "expression of intent" to some? Anybody know? Thanks much...:)

As far as I know, 150 people were put on hold and sent an "expression of intent" the rest were rejected (I forgot how many).

I remember reading on SDN somewhere that you have a fairly good chance if you are top 30 on the waitlist.

If I remember correctly, he/she was in the twenties and got in sometime in June/July.

My good friend that I made this year..got accepted the day school started..haha!So there is still hope..USC wants all the seats filled, which equals more money.

Thats good to know.. :) What number were you ranked? (If you don't mind sharing)They still havent given us our numbers yet.. im just curious.. im sure the number theyll take off the waitlist is gonna change.. but i guesss i just wanna know the ballpark.. haha..=P