USC Med vs. Jefferson Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

averatec25

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got into both programs early, with usc undergrad and penn stat univ undergrad. I would definitely choose usc especially with the prices being the same overall, but jefferson offers me to cut my undergrad in two years. Will those 2 years be really helpful? Do you think the 2 years will be worth it over the things that makes USC undergrad and med attractive (i.e. California, awesome weather, hot girls, good matchlist, awesome enviroment) Any comments greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't be in such a hurry. You're medical training will basically last the rest of your life, so two years is really nothing. Enjoy your time in undergrad and explore some different academic fields. It'll make you a better person, and a better doctor in the future.
With that said, I know absolutely nothing about USC, but I personally can't imagine staying at one school for 8 years. Something to think about.

brucecat said:
Don't be in such a hurry. You're medical training will basically last the rest of your life, so two years is really nothing. Enjoy your time in undergrad and explore some different academic fields. It'll make you a better person, and a better doctor in the future.
With that said, I know absolutely nothing about USC, but I personally can't imagine staying at one school for 8 years. Something to think about.

If i was in your situation, i'd go to USC for 8 yrs., no question. College goes by so fast anyways, so don't rush it. Enjoy the years

Members don't see this ad :)
Where are you from?

Before committing to 8 years in Cali (or 6 years in PA) you may want to be sure you'll actually want to live in those places for that long.

definitely go to USC in my opinion at least. my brothers went there and i am transferring there this upcoming fall. my brothers loved it there. great school with great tradition. Even has a higher academic rating than schools like UCLA. (if you care about that stuff, usc rating is 85 whereas ucla is 76 on a scale of 100). Dont pass up a chance to be a trojan. Your luck enough to be accepted, my roomates little brother just got rejected from usc with a 4.1 gpa and hes a pinnacle award winner.