USC MHA vs. Mich, UCLA, Berk MPH?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MPHorA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in somewhat of a dilemma that hopefully I can get some input on...
I was accepted into Michigan, UCLA and Berkeley MPH in Env. Health Sciences...I want to switch concentrations at UCLA and Berkeley to HP&M but it is not a sure thing...I also got into USC MHA with a full scholarship but it is ranked 34th on US news

I have 3 questions
a) Which is better an MHA from USC or a MPH from the other schools in Health Policy and Management - post job offering-wise

b) does anyone have experience in switching concentrations once enrolled at UC Berkeley UCLA or Michigan (EHS to HPM)?

c) should I risk going to the better schools and try to switch into Health policy and management

any feedback will be much appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I can answer Questions B and C.

Currently Im a 2nd year at UCLA SPH. Im in the Health Service Management/policy program. To transfer between departments at UCLA. They require you to be in that department for at least 2 quarters. They also want you to submit a new application and 3 letters of recommendations from current SPH professors. They make it difficult to transfer departments but my friend was able to do it within the first year. He took a bunch of HSM classes in his first 2 quarters although he was suppose to be taking Community Health classes.