USC nov 12th interview: any updates... this is the 4th week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

infernobutterfl

Pyro user
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
They said that they would reply to us within 3 to 4 weeks during the interview. As of this week, we are on the 4th one, so will they reply to us by now... I am like sooo nervous constantly since I didnt feel that I did well on the interview.
Anyone heard from them yet?
I tried calling, and a lady kept on telling me that she does not know anything about it, and that what they said during the interview is what will happen. 4th week... scaried...

p.s. : I really think 20 minutes is not enough for an interview and judge someone, especially then they can be nervous as hell... not fair if they reject me cuz of my poor interview skills... grrr. :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

I called the admission office yesterday and they said to expect something next week.

Finally someone posted the status for USC. It sucks that we have to wait for so loooooooong. Some schools let you know in a week or two. But I guess it's worth the wait. But I think next week is the week. The lady told me that we should be hearing from them before Christmas (may be around Dec 12 +/- a day or two) hahaha

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
infernobutterfl said:
They said that they would reply to us within 3 to 4 weeks during the interview. As of this week, we are on the 4th one, so will they reply to us by now... I am like sooo nervous constantly since I didnt feel that I did well on the interview.
Anyone heard from them yet?
I tried calling, and a lady kept on telling me that she does not know anything about it, and that what they said during the interview is what will happen. 4th week... scaried...

p.s. : I really think 20 minutes is not enough for an interview and judge someone, especially then they can be nervous as hell... not fair if they reject me cuz of my poor interview skills... grrr. :mad:

I agree....a 20-minute interview is not enough. This was my very first interview and in the end...I wasn't too happy at all. Let's just keep our fingers crossed...

Does anyone know if USC will also send out an email notification of acceptance? Because that would be ~2days faster than mail notification, meaning less chance for me to develop ulcer.

coffee4drug said:
Does anyone know if USC will also send out an email notification of acceptance? Because that would be ~2days faster than mail notification, meaning less chance for me to develop ulcer.

hahha... But to answer your question, I don't think they send it through email. I know they just send you either a big envelope or a small one.

Acura-TL & Rx said:
hahha... But to answer your question, I don't think they send it through email. I know they just send you either a big envelope or a small one.

I hope all of us gets big envelopes :cool:

well, I spoke to a few other ppl who was accepted to usc before, and they said that they got their letter right on the dot, exactly 4 week after the interview.
So.. in theory, we will get our letters this saturday....
Good luck everyone...

dragonet said:
I hope all of us gets big envelopes :cool:

Dang it. I'm not gonna open it until after finals, if I get a small envelope :(

Does anyone knows if the admission committees had the meeting already re: Nov 12th interview? Anyone wants to call them and find out cuz I think they know me by now. I don't want to push my luck. Hhhahhaah

Acura-TL & Rx said:

i think at the interview the guy jim (admission committee person) said they were ALL little letters, so you dont know until you open it. kinda good, kinda bad

hahahahaa! i'm reading all the postings from this thread right now and i'm crackin up....think we're all in the same boat. i'll try to find out by the end of the day....if i find the time...i'm flying up north tonite for an interview at touro. damn it....i was hoping i'd find out by this week so that I could cancel my flight. oh well....

Didn't they say during the interview that all the envelope will be the same size. If I see anything from them, I am just going to rip it open. The wait is eating me up more than the actual result.. ^_^

Members don't see this ad :)
infernobutterfl said:
Didn't they say during the interview that all the envelope will be the same size. If I see anything from them, I am just going to rip it open. The wait is eating me up more than the actual result.. ^_^
dont know what jim told you guys, but there are definitely 2 sizes to the envelopes..... Good luck everyone!!!!!!!

tanyas said:
dont know what jim told you guys, but there are definitely 2 sizes to the envelopes..... Good luck everyone!!!!!!!

edit. nm...read your sig. so there are differnet sized enevelopes...oi

coffee4drug said:

HAHA!! I feel ya! I'm getting more and more anxious as the days are passing...Sucks! But I need to calm down, there is nothing that I can do now.

coffee4drug said:
:laugh: Do not develop an ulcer!!!!!!

k....i found out...they've already met and made the decisions. The letters will be coming soon.

care324 said:
k....i found out...they've already met and made the decisions. The letters will be coming soon.

GOOD LUCK GUYS!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

care324 said:
ohhh ****... haha thanks for calling and find out. it's coming soon...how soon? i am gonna die young because of this

I didn't know schools would release that information.

When I was applying to college for undergrad no one would release that kind of info.

Acura-TL & Rx said:
ohhh ****... haha thanks for calling and find out. it's coming soon...how soon? i am gonna die young because of this

hahahahhahah!!!!!

WOOHOO! I just got the acceptance package today!

Huzzah! I'm so excited! Time to celebrate!

:hardy:

Let see my mailbox . . . I got . . . a bunch of JUNK MAILS!

omg.. now i am going to check my mail every ten seconds.... sigh.... :scared:
except that the letter (acceptance or rejection) will go home to my home home address and not my apartment....
my parents have wondered why I call home so often lately.. hehehe

wow the mail came so fast! congratulations! where are you located mrintricate? i haven't seen any mail yet :(

just got mine today. my roommate gave me a call saying i got a big package from usc today and i dont think ive ever run this fast in my life to check on it

kyt0871 said:
wow the mail came so fast! congratulations! where are you located mrintricate? i haven't seen any mail yet :(
you're not alone. But there's Saturday. So hopefully it will come for us on that day!!!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!BOY!!!!!!!!! My mom just called me and said I got an acceptance letter!!!!

I'm so happy and relieved!!!!!!

Congrats to everyone that got an Acceptance letter! See you next fall :D . And good luck to all of you that are still waiting for the mail! :luck: :luck:

2 finals down 3 more to go! Cram on :eek: :p

MrIntricate said:
WOOHOO! I just got the acceptance package today!

Huzzah! I'm so excited! Time to celebrate!

:hardy:
congrats!!!!!!

I just checked my mailbox...nothing from USC yet. Fear is starting to weaken my confidence. So far, everyone who got a USC packet and post on this forum was accepted. Could it be that the most qualified are notified of their acceptance first, while the less favored will learn about their status later?

I checked my mail today, too. There was only junk mail. :(

whatever usc is doing.. it isnt funny... :mad:
i mean.. if they will do that.. might was well tell us if we get accepted over the phone so we dont have to wait... :idea:
plus as of today.. it is alrdy over 4th week... they didnt keep their words..
(i know i am strict... just want to know the results..... i think as of now... the result is less important than me actually knowing it and not having to wait and wait like this)

infernobutterfl said:
whatever usc is doing.. it isnt funny... :mad:
i mean.. if they will do that.. might was well tell us if we get accepted over the phone so we dont have to wait... :idea:
plus as of today.. it is alrdy over 4th week... they didnt keep their words..
(i know i am strict... just want to know the results..... i think as of now... the result is less important than me actually knowing it and not having to wait and wait like this)

Yea I wish I know the result. Am I in or not? Oh well, ill brush it aside until Finals are over. No time for annoyance.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

OMG... I'm going to USC!!!!!!

I was sooooo expecting a waitlist letter. I ripped open the manila evelope and opened the gold-embossed "USC" folder. "The Admission Committee of USC School of Pharmacy is pleased to inform you..."

I couldn't stop screaming (and jumping). My 3 year old son looked at me like I was crazy... then he started crying. :oops:

looks like all those who got their letter were accepted... does that mean those who havent got the letter is waitlisted (most school send out acceptance letter before wait-listed or rejection letters)

i hate usc now... :(

but grats on those who made it in.. ;)
objects of my admiration...

infernobutterfl said:
looks like all those who got their letter were accepted... does that mean those who havent got the letter is waitlisted (most school send out acceptance letter before wait-listed or rejection letters)

i hate usc now... :(

Word. I know how you're feeling. I live closer to USC than the people that got accepted so far on this forum, and it would be nice to know if I got in or not so I would know if I had to keep interviewing with other schools. :(

Just curious, for those of you who have been accepted already, is there any exceptional quality that you think makes you stand out among other applicants--like extroardinary GPA or outstanding volunteer experience. I don't think I particularly stand out, and it seems I may be on the waitlist. +pity+

Congrats to all those that got their letter on Friday! :)

For those who have yet to hear from them, maybe this will help calm you a little bit: I called usc and the lady told me that they split the letters into 2 batches to be mailed this time, instead of their usual one big batch that they do (dont' ask me why they would do such a mean thing to us haha >_<).... so on friday, they were still working on sending them out. The 2nd batch will be mailed on Monday ~

feel a lil' better? :)

however, i'll say that i have nooooo idea whether or not the 2 batches both include acceptance letters... or just the first one.... so in that sense, i'm not feeling that much better at all... haha

ICA said:

I was sooooo expecting a waitlist letter. I ripped open the manila evelope and opened the gold-embossed "USC" folder. "The Admission Committee of USC School of Pharmacy is pleased to inform you..."

I couldn't stop screaming (and jumping). My 3 year old son looked at me like I was crazy... then he started crying. :oops:

Congrats!!!

May be USC is reviewing the applicants by their interview time, starting from earliest to the latest? May be that's why some of us still havent got the package yet! :) I like to think that way. hahahha..oh well... Just have to be positive and patience :D

Out of curiosity, how many of us will call USC on Monday to find out what's going on since we haven't heard anything yet? I know I will. :D

ICA said:

Congratulations!!!! :thumbup:

Congrats to those who have been accepted :) :thumbup:

I'm still patiently waiting... :mad:

Congrats to those who were accepted. I look forward to meeting you guys in the near future!! Did anyone frame their "Certificate of Acceptance"?? haha..It looks really professional, with Dean Weissman's signiture and all, so I had too..I'm lame....

I called USC in the afternoon and they said that they are mailing the second batch of letters today. So those who have not heard from them yet should hear from them on Wednesday.

Does anyone know exactly how many people they are accepting from the 150 people who interviewed on November 12th?

xturquoise said:
I called USC in the afternoon and they said that they are mailing the second batch of letters today. So those who have not heard from them yet should hear from them on Wednesday.

Does anyone know exactly how many people they are accepting from the 150 people who interviewed on November 12th?

I remember Jim or someone saying the top 30 and at most 40. I guess I'll have to wait until Wednesday. I'll take anything about now because reading all these posts is making me worried.

Give me rejection! Give me peace! +pissed+

It's weird. I just called USC to ask if all acceptance letters were sent out in the first round. The lady replied that all who were interviewed HAVE got their letters. I told her I was interviewed but still have not got mine, but she said that that meant they had not evaluated me. That's still contradictory because they should be sending out the second packet today. If they have not evaluated me and I was in the first interview, does that mean I will go to another interview??? :eek:

One thing for sure is that she sounds out of patience, guess we should give USC a break and wait until Wednesday.

xturquoise said:

Thanks, at least I can stop worrying until Wednesday. :scared: