USC Part II Boards *IS* FAILING!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmeedson

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
No longer a rumor. I called usc and asked. Last year usc scored a 70% on part II of the boards. FYI a 75% is a pass. Want to know the answer for yourself? Dont ask sdn people. Call up usc and ask the admissions officer what the part II of the board is for last year. they will tell you 70%

The excuse usc used that students go into speciality programs dragging down the score is bogus because they still need to pass the boards. right now students are failing the boards. it is *NOT* because they are going to specialize. if you get a 70% you are not going to specialize. you get a 70% and you are not going to graduate on time!

If seansk or brmboy19 come here to defend the school know that i agree that your grades do depend on your effort, but I dont think dental students are dumb and I dont think that 144 USC students are lazy. there is obviously big problems with usc if the average part II board scores is a failing 70%. I think anyone who gets into dental school is smart and if a class average has 5% lower than failing that is bad news! From the ADEA website it says that "The minimum passing score on the examination is then reported with a score of 75" Source: page 30, http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/nbde02/nbde02_candidate_guide.pdf :eek::eek::eek:

Want proof? Call up usc and ask. I did and found out that usc board scores are failing and I will be going to another dental school!

Members don't see this ad.

No longer a rumor. I called usc and asked. Last year usc scored a 70% on part II of the boards. FYI a 75% is a pass.

Want to know the answer for yourself? Dont ask sdn people. Call up usc and ask the admissions officer what the part II of the board is for last year.

The excuse used that students go into speciality programs dragging down the score is bogus because they still need to pass the boards. right now students are failing the boards. it is *NOT* because they are going to specialize.

If seansk or brmboy19 come here to defend the school that is fine. yes, your grades depend on your effort, but I dont think dental students are dumb and I dont think that 144 USC students are lazy. there is obviously big problems with usc if the average part II board scores is a failing 70%. I think anyone who gets into dental school is smart and if a class average has 5% lower than failing that is bad news!

what i was told at the interview at USC was that since applying to residency only the first boards matter and not the second one, a lot of students just don't care that much and just shoot to pass the second boards.

From the ADEA website it says that "The minimum passing score on the examination is then reported with a score of 75" Source: page 30, http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/nbde02/nbde02_candidate_guide.pdf :eek::eek::eek:

Want proof? Call up usc and ask. I did and found out that usc board scores are failing and I will be going to another dental school!

what's school are u going to?

No longer a rumor. I called usc and asked. Last year usc scored a 70% on part II of the boards. FYI a 75% is a pass.

Want to know the answer for yourself? Dont ask sdn people. Call up usc and ask the admissions officer what the part II of the board is for last year.

The excuse used that students go into speciality programs dragging down the score is bogus because they still need to pass the boards. right now students are failing the boards. it is *NOT* because they are going to specialize.

If seansk or brmboy19 come here to defend the school that is fine. yes, your grades depend on your effort, but I dont think dental students are dumb and I dont think that 144 USC students are lazy. there is obviously big problems with usc if the average part II board scores is a failing 70%. I think anyone who gets into dental school is smart and if a class average has 5% lower than failing that is bad news!

what i was told at the interview at USC was that since applying to residency only the first boards matter and not the second one, a lot of students just don't care that much and just shoot to pass the second boards.

From the ADEA website it says that "The minimum passing score on the examination is then reported with a score of 75" Source: page 30, http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/nbde02/nbde02_candidate_guide.pdf :eek::eek::eek:

I think the only person who was truly interested in this question was you. If your not interested in USC, stop concerning yourself about it. Seems like your just trying to give USC a bad rep.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the only person who was truly interested in this question was you. If your not interested in USC, stop concerning yourself about it. Seems like your just trying to give USC a bad rep.

maybe ur right. what scares me though is that usc does not tell people about these things and it is so much money, like $500000 in debt. i think ppl should be informed of the schools performance and know what they are getting into. that is why i am trying to warn ppl about the board scores at usc.

maybe ur right. what scares me though is that usc does not tell people about these things and it is so much money, like $500000 in debt. i think ppl should be informed of the schools performance and know what they are getting into. that is why i am trying to warn ppl about the board scores at usc.

i appreciate that u have a social conscience.

Congratulations....you solved the mystery...your right...and so what!!! Seriously, go to BU...obviously u don't have the confidence in urself to pass the boards unless it is spoonfed to you...BU will be great for you...great school great lectures...nothin bad to say about the school....my brother just passed his boards with flying colors...1 week of studying...he agrees PBL isn't the greatest but if ur motivated enough to go out and do it then USC is great..if ur not its ok go somehwere else...no ones is beggin u or forciing ur hand...every student knows its 65000K/year...total of ~400K for 4 years...no secret they tell u that at the interviews...dont like it? DON'T GO!!!!...when i interviewd there some girl asked that question...how do people do on there PART II BOARDS...there response...not very well...they were honest but they are trying to improving and changing....so enough of this BS seriously...i'm not tellin anyone to go to USC seriously...EVERY SCHOOL HAS IT'S PITFALLS...and so DOES USC...if you get accepted to a school u feel more comfortable going to ...tehn go there...SC has plenty of students who want to go there...but every PRE-DENT here will find a way to get through pitfalls of one school or another....GOOOODLUCK!!! And NO NONE OF THIS WAS SARCASTIC...so dont send me hate mail lol...Now lets just all be happy and smile that we have been accepted for **** sake :D

i appreciate that u have a social conscience.

thank u. envision does have a point but i dont think it is right when usc does tell people the real reason why their board II scores are failing. it is *not* b/c of a small number of students are specializing b/c those students specializing still need to pass. there is no way that students specializing can drag the average down to 70% b/c they would be failing themselves since 75% is a pass. the reason usc tells ppl is not the right reason IMO and i want ppl to be aware of that and not go $500000 in debt to fail the boards themselves.

No longer a rumor. I called usc and asked. Last year usc scored a 70% on part II of the boards. FYI a 75% is a pass. Want to know the answer for yourself? Dont ask sdn people. Call up usc and ask the admissions officer what the part II of the board is for last year. they will tell you 70%

The excuse usc used that students go into speciality programs dragging down the score is bogus because they still need to pass the boards. right now students are failing the boards. it is *NOT* because they are going to specialize. if you get a 70% you are not going to specialize. you get a 70% and you are not going to graduate on time!

If seansk or brmboy19 come here to defend the school know that i agree that your grades do depend on your effort, but I dont think dental students are dumb and I dont think that 144 USC students are lazy. there is obviously big problems with usc if the average part II board scores is a failing 70%. I think anyone who gets into dental school is smart and if a class average has 5% lower than failing that is bad news! From the ADEA website it says that "The minimum passing score on the examination is then reported with a score of 75" Source: page 30, http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/nbde02/nbde02_candidate_guide.pdf :eek::eek::eek:

I love how these Clowns who haven't even started dental school are freaking out about Part II board scores.

Hey Genius, in a year from now you will realize why there is such a disparity between Part I and Part II scores.

"You have offended my family and you have offended the Shaolin Temple."

I could be wrong, but whenever I heard board passing stats durring my interviews the numbers coorelated to the % of the class that passes not the raw average score. Depending how you asked the question, 70% could mean that 7 out of 10 pass. Just my 2 cents.

Kmeedson. I am a rational person and I would just like to say that it is posts like yours that nearly made me skip out on the USC interview. Luckily, I was convinced to go by a friend to check out the school for myself. At the interview...they tell you what their scores are....they tell you about pbl...the cost....they don't hide things from you. They provide you with the facts...and then you, and only you, can make a decision about the school.

If you went through the 4-year program and posted your feelings about it, I would respect your post...however, your ignorance straight out pisses me off (and it takes me a lot to get upset) You are doing no one a favor.

If you haven chosen BU...then go..and don't look back. Except in 4 years when you are finished with your boards....call me and let me know how you did. Sheesh...by then...I will probably still be trying to pass my 1st boards...either that..or I'll be sitting on top of my rooftop deck in downtown LA sipping margaritas.

Please can this USC battle end? Let future dentists unite for tooth sake.

thank u. envision does have a point but i dont think it is right when usc does tell people the real reason why their board II scores are failing. it is *not* b/c of a small number of students are specializing b/c those students specializing still need to pass. there is no way that students specializing can drag the average down to 70% b/c they would be failing themselves since 75% is a pass. the reason usc tells ppl is not the right reason IMO and i want ppl to be aware of that and not go $500000 in debt to fail the boards themselves.

Thank you very much for the warning although I won't be attending USC. I felt I should return the favor on behalf of other SDNers so that you don't waste your $460000 (adjust 100k according to your overestimating calculator). Here is a quote from someone who is at BU:

"APEX is a scam!!!! TRUST ME. I'll be spending 6 month this year in APEX and only FIVE months of class. APEX is a way to make the school money while making the school more money. The school teacher don't want to hire a real expensive dental assistant so they make you do the assisting instead and for 6 buck an hour for six month out of the year. That's fine.EXCEPT you only get two week vacation in the summer while other schools get three months off to study for the board or go to Europe or whever. Also the course material is extremely condense and you really don't have time to absorb anything. You go to school from 8 to 5 everyday and still have to come in weekend and night to finish work; all in the name of APEX. You pay $30k a year for 5 months of class. That's 6000 dollars a months and $300 dollars a day. And they rip you off some more during APEX. REALLY you pay the money to learn, not for them to send you out most of the year as dental assistant."

My point is that all schools have their pitfalls... whether low board scores, cheating scandals, high costs, bad locations, old facilities... you choose what's best for you. However, you should be able to make your choice and feel confident about it. If you have to defame another school to make you feel better about your choice then you have made the wrong choice.

FYI, the doctor I work for is a USC graduate and I've seen many new patients come in based on the fact that he is a USC graduate. The average Joe does not care about PBL or ask about board scores... they go by what they recognize and USC tends to be a more popular school out there.

Kmeedson. I am a rational person and I would just like to say that it is posts like yours that nearly made me skip out on the USC interview. Luckily, I was convinced to go by a friend to check out the school for myself. At the interview...they tell you what their scores are....they tell you about pbl...the cost....they don't hide things from you. They provide you with the facts...and then you, and only you, can make a decision about the school.

If you went through the 4-year program and posted your feelings about it, I would respect your post...however, your ignorance straight out pisses me off (and it takes me a lot to get upset) You are doing no one a favor.

If you haven chosen BU...then go..and don't look back. Except in 4 years when you are finished with your boards....call me and let me know how you did. Sheesh...by then...I will probably still be trying to pass my 1st boards...either that..or I'll be sitting on top of my rooftop deck in downtown LA sipping margaritas.

Please can this USC battle end? Let future dentists unite for tooth sake.

Thank u...respectfully put...jeez...this whole argument has become extremely juvinile...everyone is smart enough to know how much a school costs and how schools are doin on their boards...we all made decisions on what shcools to apply to...END THIS STUPID THREAD and let's be done with it...NUFFF SAID!

Members don't see this ad :)

****** pbl has nothing to do with part II, after the first two years you're down to going to class like once a week, Part I is related to PBL cases which are done the first two years of dental school at USC, go look at my thread about PBL and read how PBL has increased its average of Part one going from traditional lecture to PBL and here is a direct link of a scientific article

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

We all hear about USC's good at clinical skills right??? then if this is true why is the class failing? clinic has nothing to do with pbl and stop blaming pbl for part II boards...if you had a brain in your head you would do a little research and find out that pbl actually increased the boards part I. part II is mostly clinical and supposedly we have a great clinical, definitely better than UCLA --> and this is comming from UCLA students, as I am the predental rep for UCLA predental club and talk to Dental students at UCLA. we have almost 3 times the requirements as UCLA. So if we're doing bad at Part II boards then UCLA must be doing worse. Let's all just skip dental school!!!

I know I am generalizing and I might have a full picture of the clinical aspect of UCLA and I do apologize for this but the matter of the fact is that the argument about part II boards is just not logical! point being that Part II boards are only marginally related to the PBL program!!

I don't think we want you at USC anyways!!!
stop posting ******ed stuff and get over yourself and go to a school where you think is good for you!!! ya fine, at USC we fail all our boards, no one cares!!! what the hell is the point of this thread anyways? to feel good about yourself???

IN ABOUT A YEAR YOU'LL FIND OUT DENTISTRY IS NOT ABOUT PART II BOARDS!! ITS ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE AND CONFIDENCE...GO ASK ANY DENTIST!!

Well listen for those of us who reside in L.A. and love L.A. and wish to stay in L.A. the obvious first choice is U.C.L.A. but if we can't get in then USC becomes a good choice and we all agree the school is a bit dubious but we got no other choice. Personally, as much as I agree with some of the problems that USC has such as having to find patients etc... I would go to USC head first, if I got in.

my friend had to make that decision and went to temple instead. then, after graduating, he will have a better chance to stay in socal (less loans gives room for more money for cost of living)

i for one am glad to know this info about USC because obviously i do think that its imp for the school that i choose to have good scores. i know i would do my job and not slack off but i need to know the school is not slacking in teaching me what i need to know. if this aspect of choosing a dschool is not important to you, then who cares! we know the info now. this argument went a little too far but please people lets move on.

the point: people have different opinions/value systems/reasons for wanting to go to different schools!

I think everyone is losing site of why we are on this site to begin with... All of us have a passion for dentistry and we want to help shape the future of dentistry.

USC is one of the oldest dental institutions in the counntry. It has a history of excellence. I can assure you that even if this rumor is true, the school will change the way it's currently doing things and help its students improve. Schools need to take risks (for instance PBL) to find new methodologies that may help to improve the way material is transmitted to the students. Although we are finding out that a 100% PBL system may not be the right choice, the point of the story is that it could have been the right move and schools need to "test the waters." Dental education and the oral health profession is not going to move forward unless the schools training the future dentists try to advance the way students learn.

One last point. The students take the exams not the school. If the average Part-2 scores are 70% than that is not the school's fault but rather the student's fault. Do you blame Kaplan or your undergrad university for your inability to score a 30 on the DAT? No.

I think it would be wise for all of us to move in the right direction and make a change in the dental education system (if there exists a need for one), instead of badgering a system that may not be totally correct. We are all going to be professionals sooner than we think, so why don't we start acting like it. It really is sad for "pre-dents" to be discussing board scores. DENTAL SCHOOL IS WHAT YOU YOU MAKE OF IT. Go to the school that fits you best.

Good luck with your future endeavors! :D

It all started back in high school when USC could bench press a house, was super popular and made out with kmeedson's girlfriend at a kegger. Kmeedson has had a personal vendetta ever since.

i don't think it's a good idea to blame the school...since it is a pbl program, it's pretty much up to the students to learn...the students that enter their program aren't dummies....they probably just got really lazy...

I think the best part of this thread is that (mostly) pre-dents are getting into a snuff about a test they won't be taking for about 4 years.

I want you to seriously sit back, and think about what you were doing 4 years ago. How different are things now? If you think they haven't changed, than you must be living under a rock.

Every school is evolving at it's own pace and each graduating class will be different from the rest. I guarantee the curriculum has/will change, the overall competitive atmosphere has and will continue to have peaks and valleys.

Are you also aware that a handful of absolutely abysmal scores will skew the percentage?

As a few actual students have stated, the NBDE II is about as important to most dental students as passing your remaining classes in undergrad. Being the DDS or the BS, just get the degree and get the hell out is a pretty common sentiment.

To attempt to stir up some sort of controversy about a school is pretty unoriginal..and to use the NBDE II, of all things, as that controversy is laughable.

Show me a perfect school, and I'll show you someone who is full of ****.

I don't understand how in the hell people fail the national boards II!!!! They spend the entire 3rd and 4th year practices on 20-50 patients. All you're doing is basic general dentistry procedures (cleaning, fillings, bridges, etc).

Somethings wrong with this picture!

Marion

It all started back in high school when USC could bench press a house, was super popular and made out with kmeedson's girlfriend at a kegger. Kmeedson has had a personal vendetta ever since.

Considering I'm a girl, so Ive never had a girlfriend, none of that happened. Marion said it best. Something is very wrong when the class average is failing

I don't understand how in the hell people fail the national boards II!!!! They spend the entire 3rd and 4th year practices on 20-50 patients. All you're doing is basic general dentistry procedures (cleaning, fillings, bridges, etc).

Somethings wrong with this picture!

Marion

YES!! THank you!!! Why dont other people see it this way?? Something is very wrong when a bunch of smart kids cnanot pass the boards! :eek:

Are you also aware that a handful of absolutely abysmal scores will skew the percentage?

Not totally true. the standardized board II score is between 49% and 99%. It does NOT go to zero. The worst score still gets a 49 and that is only 21% from a 70%. You cannot get lower than a 49 on the boards. Lets say ppl really suck and they get 50%'s. It still takes a LOT and I mean 40 or more students to pull down an average of 144 students.

I think everyone is losing site of why we are on this site to begin with... All of us have a passion for dentistry and we want to help shape the future of dentistry.

USC is one of the oldest dental institutions in the counntry. It has a history of excellence. I can assure you that even if this rumor is true, the school will change the way it's currently doing things and help its students improve. Schools need to take risks (for instance PBL) to find new methodologies that may help to improve the way material is transmitted to the students. Although we are finding out that a 100% PBL system may not be the right choice, the point of the story is that it could have been the right move and schools need to "test the waters." Dental education and the oral health profession is not going to move forward unless the schools training the future dentists try to advance the way students learn.

One last point. The students take the exams not the school. If the average Part-2 scores are 70% than that is not the school's fault but rather the student's fault. Do you blame Kaplan or your undergrad university for your inability to score a 30 on the DAT? No.

I think it would be wise for all of us to move in the right direction and make a change in the dental education system (if there exists a need for one), instead of badgering a system that may not be totally correct. We are all going to be professionals sooner than we think, so why don't we start acting like it. It really is sad for "pre-dents" to be discussing board scores. DENTAL SCHOOL IS WHAT YOU YOU MAKE OF IT. Go to the school that fits you best.

Good luck with your future endeavors! :D

Well said. My point is that people with a passion for dentistry should not get scr*w*d and go to a school that will stop them from being able to graduate on time or specizliase it they really want to. It is what you make out of it but it is a major warning sign when 144 kids have a failing class average. be careful picking ur school is what i am saying!!

Hmm, sort of creepy.

Still, even if it is true, this doesn't mean USC, or their program is necessarilyl at fault.

Correlation does not imply causation.

I thought USC pushed out students with excellent clinical experience! I just heard this from a fourth year student graduating from USC this year...

why doesnt the OP just go to BU and forget about USC?

Well said. My point is that people with a passion for dentistry should not get scr*w*d and go to a school that will stop them from being able to graduate on time or specizliase it they really want to. It is what you make out of it but it is a major warning sign when 144 kids have a failing class average. be careful picking ur school is what i am saying!!

I think you are missing the point. There is not a school in this great land that is going to prevent you from being a dentist. The only person that can prevent you from being a dentist is yourself.

However, this is besides the point. You are concerning yourself with a part of dental school that you're not going to experience for four more years. You should be concerning yourself with acting more professional, deciding whether or not you can actually handle dental school and focusing on getting yourself out into the real world. We are all grown adults and we can make decisions for ourselves. You are not going to convince anyone otherwise.

Last point, I honestly believe that you have something personal with SC' rather than trying to "help" other's decide on their future. You're only helping people become more indecisive about attending a school you know absolutely nothing about because you've never attended it. Please, do something more constructive that might actually benefit some of us on SDN.

Considering I'm a girl, so Ive never had a girlfriend, none of that happened. Marion said it best. Something is very wrong when the class average is failing

Hahaha sorry. Maybe USC was the hot guy you couldn't get to notice you until he you hooked up at that same kegger, mentioned above, and then the next day he started to date your best friend. And then ever since clearly you've had this board II grudge against him. So, Kmeedson, let it go. It was high school.

Hmm, sort of creepy.

Still, even if it is true, this doesn't mean USC, or their program is necessarilyl at fault.

Correlation does not imply causation.

good point. fyi it is entirely true. usc has a failing part II board score for last year. im not saying it is one thing that is at fault. i just think that too many students are failing for it to just be the students fault. im not saying it is all of usc's fault or all of the students fault but i think there is something funny going on with usc's program to cause a class average of 144 ppl to fail. it would worry me if i was going there.

Hahaha sorry. Maybe USC was the hot guy you couldn't get to notice you until he you hooked up at that same kegger, mentioned above, and then the next day he started to date your best friend. And then ever since clearly you've had this board II grudge against him. So, Kmeedson, let it go. It was high school.

haha! or maybe not. i just think ppl should know about this. there is no debate if this is true or not, it is true. nice try... i get all the boys i want :laugh:

Last point, I honestly believe that you have something personal with SC' rather than trying to "help" other's decide on their future. You're only helping people become more indecisive about attending a school you know absolutely nothing about because you've never attended it. Please, do something more constructive that might actually benefit some of us on SDN.

i know just as muhc about it as other ppl deciding wjp have never been there either. i also did research to find out ucs board scores & passing board scores.

i know just as muhc about it as other ppl deciding wjp have never been there either. i also did research to find out ucs board scores & passing board scores.

Re-read your fist sentence. Those who have never attended a school know very little about it, besides the information they were provided at their interview.

I'm not even going to dispute whether or not the rumor is true because I have no idea...and I went to SC' for undergrad. However, I do know that if the rumor is true, the deans, administration, faculty and students will make an immediate change.

I don't even know why I'm wasting my breath, you're probably a 15 yr. old high school student screwing around on the internet when you should be reading the Great Gatsby.

Congratulations....you solved the mystery...your right...and so what!!! Seriously, go to BU...obviously u don't have the confidence in urself to pass the boards unless it is spoonfed to you...BU will be great for you...great school great lectures...nothin bad to say about the school....my brother just passed his boards with flying colors...1 week of studying...he agrees PBL isn't the greatest but if ur motivated enough to go out and do it then USC is great..if ur not its ok go somehwere else...no ones is beggin u or forciing ur hand...every student knows its 65000K/year...total of ~400K for 4 years...no secret they tell u that at the interviews...dont like it? DON'T GO!!!!...when i interviewd there some girl asked that question...how do people do on there PART II BOARDS...there response...not very well...they were honest but they are trying to improving and changing....so enough of this BS seriously...i'm not tellin anyone to go to USC seriously...EVERY SCHOOL HAS IT'S PITFALLS...and so DOES USC...if you get accepted to a school u feel more comfortable going to ...tehn go there...SC has plenty of students who want to go there...but every PRE-DENT here will find a way to get through pitfalls of one school or another....GOOOODLUCK!!! And NO NONE OF THIS WAS SARCASTIC...so dont send me hate mail lol...Now lets just all be happy and smile that we have been accepted for **** sake :D

That's a BIG pitfall, bud.

Re-read your fist sentence. Those who have never attended a school know very little about it, besides the information they were provided at their interview.

I'm not even going to dispute whether or not the rumor is true because I have no idea...and I went to SC' for undergrad. However, I do know that if the rumor is true, the deans, administration, faculty and students will make an immediate change.

I don't even know why I'm wasting my breath, you're probably a 15 yr. old high school student screwing around on the internet when you should be reading the Great Gatsby.

columbia let it go...my point here was to help people understand the facts! it's not worth fighting. The more she pushes the point the more it seems like she hates USC for some reason...infact the only thing she has had to talk about since she has joined is bashing usc... oh well. It's not worth the time!
I should probably help her by pointing out all the wrong things with our school, and just ending it.

btw I have news for the poster: these are not secrets, that you think you are trying to reveal to the entire SDN community!!

1. we fail boards part II, for whatever reason
2. we are not the most organized in terms of scheduling, for whatever reason
3. not everyone is able to graduate on time, for whatever reason.
4. we could probably get flat screens for the sim labs, to be perfect, but we rather not spend that money because the crt monitors work perfectly.
5. we could probably have a smaller class size, i don't know if this is a downfall, but some think that a big class size is not good! I disagree

honestly I can't think of any other thinks...because i tend to think of life in a positive aspect!!

Final conclusion. despite all this USC is my number one choice? I'm proud of my school and my trojans!! [FIGHT ON, lol]every school has its good and bad points. don't like it? don't come here.

leave the fact giving to people who go here and the schools admission committee. you're not doing anyone a favor by stating the same thing in two different threads over a 3 week period and with more than 25 posts for one mere fact that anyone can find out by calling the admissions committee

leave the decision to the applicant!

u should note that everything i have said is based on true facts. not once have i resorted to calling other ppl names or making up false hypothetical stories about them. u and other people on this thread do not like what i have to say and instead of using logical arguments to debate the topic, you resort to calling me names and making up silly untrue stories about me.

u should note that everything i have said is based on true facts. not once have i resorted to calling other ppl names or making up false hypothetical stories about them. u and other people on this thread do not like what i have to say and instead of using logical arguments to debate the topic, you resort to calling me names and making up silly untrue stories about me.

we're not arguing with what you have to say, infact we agree with it, its the intent behind it that seems to be very immature!! you say that your trying to help people, why have you only had negative things to say about only one school and nothing else, since you joined SDN. If you were trying to help people you would atleast try to say something good about BU and try to promote people to go to BU where you are going rather than bashing another school that your not going to!!

why hasn't this thread been closed? :confused:

I think becasue all of us here like a little drama and fun to get our minds off our schoolwork!!! :)

there are other ways of getting ones mind off of schoolwork besides drama...and there are ways of getting this thread closed.

so, has anyone seen any good movies lately? i just recently watched the pursuit of happyness...FANTASTIC movie, a must see :thumbup:

there are other ways of getting ones mind off of schoolwork besides drama...and there are ways of getting this thread closed.

so, has anyone seen any good movies lately? i just recently watched the pursuit of happyness...FANTASTIC movie, a must see :thumbup:

I like your Icon (go scrubs)

lmao...no one is saying ur wrong...no one is saying that USC has students who aren't passing the boards....and they tell every student when they are packed into a room about this and about how much it costs...and how difficult it can be to get a patient a seat even though there are plenty of patients...what ur tellin everyone IS NOT NEWS...fact is we all knwo this information and every person has brought this up but u seem to put ur hand over ur ears and eyes and go...LA LA LA LA LA LA....YOU bring it out like it's the only shcool that has students not passin there boards...when the fact is...there are plenty of other schools who aren't the cream of hte crop when it comes to boards..does that mean im not confident enough to go in there and kick ass and pass the boards as i know plenty of people who have?....no! does it mean that mean that other schools who have their pitfalls don't produce great dentists? NO! If u dont like the school stop the argument withdraw ur application and go to whereever hte hell you wanna go...NO ONE CARES IF YOU GO...EVERYONE WHO HAS INTERVIEWED THERE HAS ASKED THE QUESTIONS WE ARE DEBATING...AND WE ALLLL knwo the asnwer...the only people who dont are the ones who havent interviewed there...USC is a school with such a history that no matter what you say it will long live and so will all the TROJANS!...even a hundred years after we all pass..all schools like osmeone else said "have their peaks and valleys" just like the football teams of USC and UCLA...USC beats up on UCLA for a few years straight and vice versa....and maybe they are struggling now...but it doesnt mean that they won't tweak and adjust there system so one day every student will pass their BOARDS with flying colors...give it up dude and go to wherever it is you wanna go..period...im done with this site...peace out...goodluck to everyone and hope to see each and every TROJAN soon...

Mikkkeeyyyyyyyyyyy!

Amazing movie. It's a nice inspiring story.

Bruins in the final four, huh? Nice Job. It would be nice to see a Georgetown-UCLA game. (secretly I hate UCLA, but for the sake of an LA team in the final four....I feel I'm obligated to cheer them on)

Man I can't wait for SC' football!

Class of 2011 Baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.