USC Part II Boards *IS* FAILING!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JUST TO CLARIFY..."jorUW" is completely correct when he says that 70% means that is how many people passed out of the class.

The rest take it in August and pass. Just in time to practice.

This whole thread is wrong because you are talking about a statistic that you are not understanding. LEARN.

Members don't see this ad.

I think we can all sleep soundly tonight...:sleep:

Something that I don't understand is that if the average score is 70% (which is a failing score) then how do they still graduate on time? Is it because for some people, the score doesn't matter? If it was the part I scores, then that would be a different story but you are argueing something that has no relevance for alot of people.

Also, there is too much blame on the school here. It is ultimately the student's fault on whether they pass or not.

I took ALL my science classes at a junior college where most students don't go on to get any kind of BS degree. My DAT scores were 23 22 22. Kneedson, I assume you went to a 4 year University college and I assume your scores were around mine. Does that mean my JC is equal to the quality of education at your University? Let's say you scored lower than me, does that mean your 4-year University is inferior to my no-name junior college? I would hope not. I would hope your thousands for your university level classes would be worth more than my 48 dollar Ochem I class. My point is that how well you do or how well prepared you are is ultimately up to you and only you.

Members don't see this ad :)
JUST TO CLARIFY..."jorUW" is completely correct when he says that 70% means that is how many people passed out of the class.

This whole thread is wrong because you are talking about a statistic that you are not understanding. LEARN.

haha thanx kyle, I knew something seemed really wrong!!!

why doesnt someone who actually attends USC stick up for it instead of this sean guy. it would clear up a lot of things.
ie. are the students happy? why exactly did they really fail boards. instead of using excuses and having 2 predents argue can someone just get in here and state facts. and please noone use the "its how much effort you put into it" cuz then i would rather study to be a dentist on my own without forking out a fortune to the dent school. okay bye!

I took ALL my science classes at a junior college where most students don't go on to get any kind of BS degree. My DAT scores were 23 22 22. Kneedson, I assume you went to a 4 year University college and I assume your scores were around mine. Does that mean my JC is equal to the quality of education at your University? Let's say you scored lower than me, does that mean your 4-year University is inferior to my no-name junior college? I would hope not. I would hope your thousands for your university level classes would be worth more than my 48 dollar Ochem I class. My point is that how well you do or how well prepared you are is ultimately up to you and only you.

Here's to classes paid for in cash :laugh:

so, has anyone seen any good movies lately? i just recently watched the pursuit of happyness...FANTASTIC movie, a must see :thumbup:

i do not call ppl names and i do not make up negative stories about them. everything i say is based on fact. i listen to what you say and debate it. i also do not purposely try to derail threads b/c i dislike what that person has to say... and ppl here accuse me of being unprofessional..

why doesnt someone who actually attends USC stick up for it instead of this sean guy. it would clear up a lot of things.

thank u

ie. are the students happy? why exactly did they really fail boards. instead of using excuses and having 2 predents argue can someone just get in here and state facts. and please noone use the "its how much effort you put into it" cuz then i would rather study to be a dentist on my own without forking out a fortune to the dent school. okay bye!

all good questions that i am hoping mature discussion with explain to ppl. cocokeala is right.. this "its how much effort you put into it" is getting old...

thats *not* what the usc admissions person told me when i called when trying to decide if i want to apply to usc.

usc told me the average was 70%. think a/b that.. why would they give you a % of the amount of students who pass? they told me it is 70% class average, which is failing.

i do not call ppl names and i do not make up negative stories about them. everything i say is based on fact. i listen to what you say and debate it. i also do not purposely try to derail threads b/c i dislike what that person has to say... and ppl here accuse me of being unprofessional..

+pity+

yea yea we get it...based on fact, great. fact of the matter is that this thread is getting out of hand and i think it should be closed. if you think thats unprofessional on my part, then thats fine...but remember, i'm not the one whose trying desperately to belittle and give a bad rep to one particular school that i'm not even going to, based on what is evidently falsely interpreted information :idea:

thats *not* what the usc admissions person told me when i called when trying to decide if i want to apply to usc.

usc told me the average was 70%. think a/b that.. why would they give you a % of the amount of students who pass? they told me it is 70% class average, which is failing.

I wonder what percentage of those USC students ultimately DONT become dentists? I'd be willing to bet none. Thats my ultimate goal anyway. Worst case scenario, it takes me an extra couple months to pass, after that it doesn't matter right? Besides if this is the case I'm sure the school is not happy about it and I'm sure changes are in order, things should improve 4 yrs from now.

Kmeedson,

A first year USC dental student just supplied all of SDN with the correct information, yet you continue to deny it :laugh: . Your efforts to badger SC' Dental need to be stopped. This discussion is over. I think everyone here would value the first year's facts more than your phone call to some admissions staff member.

Please have this thread closed.

first of all, I attend USC. second go look at the post by xylashellx, briansle, tgalloway, who all attend Usc with me and see what they say about it. as xylashellx just mentioned, the statistic refers to the number of people who pass the boards, 70% is not the score on the board itself...and the other 30 percent according to xylashellx take in later in august when they have finished all the reqs!

thank u

all good questions that i am hoping mature discussion with explain to ppl. cocokeala is right.. this "its how much effort you put into it" is getting old...

What's wrong with "its how much effort you put into it"? Are you telling me that effort doesn't account for anything? Are you telling me that your college prepared you so well that you didn't need to make the effort to study for the DATs?

I'm sorry but effort has every bit to do with how well you do whether it is at USC or BU.

Kmeedson,

A first year USC dental student just supplied all of SDN with the correct information, yet you continue to deny it :laugh: . Your efforts to badger SC' Dental need to be stopped. This discussion is over. I think everyone here would value the first year's facts more than your phone call to some admissions staff member.

how about we agree to disagree? the information the 1st year student said is *not* what the usc admissions ppl told me.

i am not going to post here anymore. i suggest to all ppl looking at usc to call up usc on their own and ask a/b the board scores from usc admissions to get their answer. what this 1st year student said in the thread is not what i was told on the phone

point: USC students and predents who want to go to USC acknowledge the pitfalls. boardsII is one of them for USC. these pitfalls in do NOT make the school a bad one because every school has pitfalls.

with this knowledge in mind, those who still want to go to USC can go to USC if they are granted acceptance. those who find that they like another school better can choose that other school.

thank you OP for informing us of your research,
the end :D

how about we agree to disagree? the information the 1st year student said is *not* what the usc admissions ppl told me.

i am not going to post here anymore. i suggest to all ppl looking at usc to call up usc on their own and ask a/b the board scores from usc admissions to get their answer. what this 1st year student said in the thread is not what i was told on the phone

keep posting. i like your post.

i know a dentist (usc grad) who did not know how to do a root canal when she was just got out of school. am i badging the school ?

i know a lots of dentists who can not make a decent prep ? am i badging the profession ?

bad consummers drive down the quality of the services.

Status
Not open for further replies.