USC pharmacy application cumulative GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ancientchives

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My problem is that I am a transfer student and therefore I did a year of undergrad at a cc but my grade report for usc only calculates usc stuff...do I calculate my overall cumulative gpa myself?? I was thinking of just entering my usc gpa but its below 3.0 which rejects me from the requirements...

Members don't see this ad.

My problem is that I am a transfer student and therefore I did a year of undergrad at a cc but my grade report for usc only calculates usc stuff...do I calculate my overall cumulative gpa myself?? I was thinking of just entering my usc gpa but its below 3.0 which rejects me from the requirements...

I will attempt to answer your question based on my interpretation of it. I am assuming that you transferred to USC from a community college and somehow your grade report (I am unsure of what you mean by this) only includes your USC grades. Am I correct? If so, the answer is to let PharmCAS calculate your undergraduate GPA, which will include your all your grades from all institutions that you have attended (community colleges and universities). If your CC GPA is higher than your current GPA, then the probability of your overall GPA will be on the higher side of the average between the two.

Hope that helps.

yea my cc gpa will bring my overall gpa up. However, seeing that i'm pretty late to wait for pharmcas to calculate my gpa for me, (deadline for usc is nov 1st) would it be okay for me to calculate my gpa myself?

Members don't see this ad :)
yea my cc gpa will bring my overall gpa up. However, seeing that i'm pretty late to wait for pharmcas to calculate my gpa for me, (deadline for usc is nov 1st) would it be okay for me to calculate my gpa myself?

You can absolutely calculate your own GPA but it will not be counted towards your pharmacy application. PharmCAS has to calculate your GPA and send it off along with your other documents to your designated schools in order for the application be considered as complete.

thankyou so much for answering!:bow:

i'm seriously late in submitting my application, but i'm just going to go ahead and apply :bang: