USC PharmD Q’s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedWizard

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I had some questions about the USC school of Pharmacy for their PharmD program:

Is it hard to get in?

For those who were successful in getting in, what stats and pharm tech experience did you all have?

I have heard about their waitlist. Can anyone discuss more about that?

I have heard some negatives about the school including: high tuition, poor faculty interaction, and so forth. Can anyone elaborate on that? I have also heard about less people applying as a result. Is that true?

Do you have to apply with all the prerequisites done?

Any other thoughts about their pharmd program?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello I had some questions about the USC school of Pharmacy for their PharmD program:

Is it hard to get in?

For those who were successful in getting in, what stats and pharm tech experience did you all have?

I have heard about their waitlist. Can anyone discuss more about that?

I have heard some negatives about the school including: high tuition, poor faculty interaction, and so forth. Can anyone elaborate on that? I have also heard about less people applying as a result. Is that true?

Do you have to apply with all the prerequisites done?

Any other thoughts about their pharmd program?

I found the answer to your Pre-Req question right on USC's School of Pharmacy website under Application Requirements.

• All pre-pharmacy courses must be completed by the end of the spring term of your entering year. Pre-pharmacy requirements in the following areas must be repeated if they were taken before fall 2010 for 2019 application: human physiology, microbiology, biochemistry and organic chemistry. It is recommended that all prerequisites be completed at a four-year college/university. Biochemistry MUST be completed at the upper division level at a four-year college/university.