USC Requirements

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Scooby Doo, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats

Does anyone else not have over 30 semester hours of Social Sciences, Humanities, etc??

I have a total of 23 graded humanites semester units. If I add in some public health courses I took (P/NP)I could get it up to about 33. However, these courses had topics like "Alternative Medicine" or "public health seminar" or "medical ethics"...I doubt those will work...will they?????

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. moo

moo 1K Member

Medical ethics will. I took a course in the philosophy dept entitled biomedical ethics and it'll be counted. I too only have 24 hours of humanities. I hate the fact that all these med schools are telling you to be broad and also advance beyond the elementary level of your studies. I mean, I heeded their advice, majored in something _I_ wanted to do and took courses _I_ liked. If that happened to be in science, then so be it. Anyway, I plan on taking summer courses if I get accepted to USC and I decide to go. I asked them about that and they said many students complete the requirements just prior to matriculating so it's fine and I'm not gonna worry about it.

4. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats

So did you just check the box that says "in progress" or left both boxes unchecked??
    If so, then do you add a note to your application that if accepted, you will complete necessary coursework later?

5. moo

moo 1K Member

I checked in progress