USC Roski Eye Institute

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

70andSunny

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It was great to meet all the applicants who interviewed at USC this year! Congratulations to all the seniors who matched into fellowship this week. We were extremely proud of our senior match and we think they did absolutely amazingly. Some of you have been asking for the fellowship match list, so I thought this would be a good place to share it. Again, please let me know if anyone has any questions about our program!

Retina - Beaumont
Retina - Wills
Cornea - MEEI
Glaucoma - MEEI
Glaucoma - UCSD

Ramon Lee

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for sharing Ramon. It was awesome to get the opportunity to interview at your program this year. I was very impressed and knowing where you can go after training at LA County only adds to my excitement of potentially matching at USC.

Hi everyone! Bumping this thread up to update everyone on USC's ophthalmology fellowship match this year. We are elated and ecstatic to announce that everyone matched at their number one choice, with 4 in surgical retina, 1 in glaucoma, 1 in neuro-ophthalmology. Couldn't be more proud of their incredible match. If anyone has any questions about the program please feel free to ask!

USC Roski Eye Class of 2019 Fellowship Match:

Retina - Beaumont
Retina - Wills
Retina - University of Washington
Retina - Stanford
Glaucoma - University of Utah
Neuro - Weill-Cornell

Hong-Uyen Hua

Members don't see this ad :)
Very impressive retina match. Interesting that no one wanted to stay for fellowship despite it being known as a high quality one.

Hi everyone! Bumping this thread up to update everyone on USC's ophthalmology fellowship match this year. We are elated and ecstatic to announce that everyone matched at their number one choice, with 4 in surgical retina, 1 in glaucoma, 1 in neuro-ophthalmology. Couldn't be more proud of their incredible match. If anyone has any questions about the program please feel free to ask!

USC Roski Eye Class of 2019 Fellowship Match:

Retina - Beaumont
Retina - Wills
Retina - University of Washington
Retina - Stanford
Glaucoma - University of Utah
Neuro - Weill-Cornell

Hong-Uyen Hua

Very impressive retina match. Interesting that no one wanted to stay for fellowship despite it being known as a high quality one.

It's nice to go elsewhere for fellowship in order to gain exposure to a variety of clinical practices and perspectives. It doesn't necessarily reflect on the parent institution.

Reactions: 1 user